The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

FS: Leica S adjusted Leitz Telyt-R 1:2.8/280 with adapter (EU)

Petster

I am selling here a telephoto kit for the Leica S. The kit contains:

1x Leitz Telyt-R 1:2.8/280 focus adjusted for the Leica S and cleaned from Leica Customer Care. The glass is in pristine condition. The lens hood finish has some marks, other than that the lens is in pretty good shape. The lens comes in the original case with keys, two filters (UV & orange), lens strap and manual.

1x LEI-KO R to S adapter

1x Really Right Stuff plate to use the lens on a tripod

I’m asking for 3.500,- € (bank transfer or Paypal)

Shipping worldwide. Please ask for shipping costs.

If you have any questions please write me a pm.

I attached two samples. Lion was shot with the 1.4x extender on that lens using a bean-bag, the gull was shot handheld.

Best,
Pete

craigrudlin

Would you please give some history for the lens. When was it manufactured
(apparently there were several models or modifications of this particular lens)?

When mounted on the Leica S, can you control aperture via the camera body, or
do you need to set from the lens barrel?

Does it meter properly on the Leica S.

Would there be any reason it would not work with a Leica S2?

Thanks
craig

Petster

Hi Craig,

The lens was manufactured in 1983. I bought the lens from a german lawyer. Beside of this I do not have any further info about the history of that specific lens.
When mounted on the Leica S you need to control aperture manually on the lens. Focusing with the Leica S prism screen works just fine, as well es metering.
I used the lens on a Leica S2 and it just works like a charm, but using the lens on the S defnitely needs some practice.

Hope that helps.

Pete