The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

FT: My Canon for your Nikon?

J

Jonathan H

Hi everyone, I've been toying with the idea of trying out the darkside for while :)

Let me begin by saying I'm fairly new to GetDPI but have over 60 flawless feedback on POTN and FM under the same username for plenty of very high-end gear being bought/sold. Your satisfaction is absolutely guaranteed.

I'm looking to pick up a D700 or D3, with a D300 for backup. The 14-24 is the most important lens on my list, followed by 24-70 and 70-200, then the 50 and 85 primes.

None of my gear is for sale at this point... I am just curious to see if a trade can be arranged. I would need to get a D700 or D3 and 14-24 in my initial trade. Other subsequent trades can be worked out afterward.

I'm local to the Northern NJ/NYC area and would certainly prefer to deal locally, but will entertain shipping with established members here. I take excellent care of everything I own. With one or two exceptions, all my equipment is very good to near mint condition and I have boxes/accessories for almost everything. Normally, I'm not as much of a stickler, but anything I get needs to be in perfect condition, but only because I may decide the Nikon thing isn't for me and will need to trade/sell everything away in a couple weeks.

My gear list:

I would also be interested in doing a "vacation swap" - make a trade of systems for 2 weeks only - a no-commitment way to try out high end gear that the "other side" gets to play with. Obviously, this requires a very high level of trust, so no noobs, sketchy folks, anyone from Zimbabwe/Nigeria, or anyone without a VERY concrete online presence and identity that corroborates with the real world.

I'm just dipping my toes in the water... feel free to e-mail me if you've been considering something along the same lines.

M

Michael James

I'm local to the Northern NJ/NYC area and would certainly prefer to deal locally, ...
Wish I were near ya. I'm in FL.

I have a Nikon D3
14-24mm f/2.8G
28mm f/2.8 Ai-s
35mm f/2D AF
50mm f/1.4 Ai-s
85mm f/1.4D AF

I used to shoot with the 5D and 16-35, but went Nikon to get the 14-24mm action. Love it, but the new Canon T/S (17mm) has me drooling like mad. I may have to flip back just to get that into my workflow (I shoot real estate for a living).

I never heard of that hotrod thingy that gets rid of the anti-alias filter?

Anyway, if I were near you I'd entertain this, but I can't go a single day without gear. I shoot 5-6 days a week.

fotografz

Wish I were near ya. I'm in FL.

I have a Nikon D3
14-24mm f/2.8G
28mm f/2.8 Ai-s
35mm f/2D AF
50mm f/1.4 Ai-s
85mm f/1.4D AF

I used to shoot with the 5D and 16-35, but went Nikon to get the 14-24mm action. Love it, but the new Canon T/S (17mm) has me drooling like mad. I may have to flip back just to get that into my workflow (I shoot real estate for a living).

I never heard of that hotrod thingy that gets rid of the anti-alias filter?

Anyway, if I were near you I'd entertain this, but I can't go a single day without gear. I shoot 5-6 days a week.
Man, If I were Jonathan, I'd jump on a plane and fly down to Florida and visit with Michael on his day off ... I'd use ANY excuse to get the heck away from Winter even as it stumbles into Spring. Real tired of "dead" stuff.:thumbdown: