The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Rare Lens Carl Zeiss Hologon 8/16mm T* Contax G Mount FS

vinceqz

Good condition, minimal signs of use (very minimal visible signs from cleaning).

Clean lens, no scratches, no fungus, no separation and no haze. Come with the everything in the last picture. Case, Lens, Viewfinder and filter.

Selling one and keep another. Will post worldwide by express post. Pick up available from Melbourne or domestic post within Australia.

Asking $2000 AUD. $50 worldwide shipping. Payment by bank transfer or Paypal + 3%fee.

Gbealnz

Contax G to Sony Nex adaptor perhaps?
And I guess that opens up to Fuji X as well, just guessing though.
Nice lens(es) and something I'd love to own if I had the cash.
Gary

vinceqz

Contax G to Sony Nex adaptor perhaps?
And I guess that opens up to Fuji X as well, just guessing though.
Nice lens(es) and something I'd love to own if I had the cash.
Gary
It can be used on Sony a7 series, opens up to the full frame as it meant to be.

It can be used on Sony a7 series, opens up to the full frame as it meant to be.
Thank you for the clarification. I understand that the Hologon is full frame.

I asked my question because I heard somewhere that the Hologon interferes with the a7's shutter and I wanted to hear about any First hand experience. I am interested in the Hologon for my Sony-a7S. I used to own the lens when I had the Contax G2 outfit.

V

Vivek

I asked my question because I heard somewhere that the Hologon interferes with the a7's shutter and I wanted to hear about any First hand experience.
Are any photos to show? AFAIK, there are no samples from it and the A7s (electronic shutter). With the others (A7r, &) the shutter will strike the rear of the lens, it seems.

(Apologies for the OT post, OP)

vinceqz

Are any photos to show? AFAIK, there are no samples from it and the A7s (electronic shutter). With the others (A7r, &) the shutter will strike the rear of the lens, it seems.

(Apologies for the OT post, OP)
I think you are right, the A7s with electronic shutter fine, the a7 & a7r might have some issue with the shutter and the lens might need some adjustment to the rear end.

thrice

I believe the A7s electronic shutter is first curtain only so you may still get a strike. Cool lens by the way. Have seen great results from one of these converted to M and used on a monochrom.

vinceqz

I believe the A7s electronic shutter is first curtain only so you may still get a strike. Cool lens by the way. Have seen great results from one of these converted to M and used on a monochrom.
I guess it will be easier to converter to the M mount.