The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

FS: Epson 7900

iiiNelson

Geez I wish I could right now because I DO actually have the space for it and print more and more.

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
I just don't have patience for this one. It's money sitting in a corner to me. That just don't sit well when I need glass

kdphotography

C'mon, Jack. You're really making it hard for the GetDPI family to make lunch plans with Guy in LA. :ROTFL:

Everyone loads the printer in Jack's SUV. Eat lunch. You know that printer is calling your name....:D

ken

richardman

My Z3100 is dying but not dead yet. I figure I would just buy an 3880 when it dies but at this price, it's about the same price as the 3880... will require a whole day drive though -_-

kdphotography

The 7900 can run 350ml and 700ml ink cartridges, meaning your ink costs will be much less than a 38** series printer. Being able to use roll media also means savings over sheets---and being able to print bigger!

ken

jlm

Workshop Member
not to mention the 11 color inkset and wider gamut. definitely a step above the x880 series

MGrayson

Subscriber and Workshop Member
But it's not THAT much smaller than the 9900, so you might as well... ;)

(I completely love the 3880 and consider it one of the greatest printers per cubic inch of all time. There was a "small" HP 24 inch printer that only printed on that weird ultra-non-waterproof paper, but I think the 3880 is next.)

(Designjet 130?)

--Matt

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
Btw it still has to go to LA. Work out the logistics but I'm also thinking put the printer in my VW GtI and put the stand on the truck. I'll figure it out but I will say this. This printer is by far the best printer I ever used. It's deadly accurate to a color calibrated system.

This thing is big and heavy so it needs a SUV type vehicle . My GtI believe it or not can fit a full size garment box.

Don Libby

It's the little brother to the 9900 which is a great printer. Once again if I had the extra space I would have snatched it; nice that both use the same ink. Plus like Ken said it can be converted as well.