The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

FS: Bronica GS-1 Medium Format Outfit with 6 Lenses and Accessories

michael marks

Hello,

I am selling my spectacular Bronica GS-1 outfit in beautiful condition. Much of it is MINT and the lenses are pristine! The camera was recently CLA’s by Frank Marshman of Camera Wiz, who is considered the premier Bronica service expert, so it is operating as it should.

This is a chance to have top quality medium format performance for a song!!! The lenses are second to none and one is rare! While most use this camera as a 6x7, it can also be used as a 645 or 6x6 by switching backs!!!

1. Bronica GS-1 Body with custom made and installed Maxwell split prism screen. The screen alone sells for $400 dollars and makes an incredible difference over the stock version!

2. AE Prism Finder G with rubber eyecup

3. Two (2) 6x7 120 film backs

4. Bronica Speed Grip

5. Bronica Neck Strap

6. Electronic cable release

7. Automatic Extension Tube G

8. 50mm f/4.5 PG Lens

9. 65mm f/4 PG Lens

10. 80mm f/3.5 Lens – In 6x7 mode this lens is analogous to a 40mm lens when using 35mm. If switching to 6x6 it is a normal lens. Uber rare and wonderful… I dare you to try to find one!!! The last time I saw one of these they were going for $400.

11. 100mm f/3.5 PG lens

12. 200mm f/4.5 PG Lens

13. 250mm f/5.6 PG Lens

14. Bronica Lens Shades to fit all the lenses listed above

Also included are all lens caps, many of the boxes, leather boxes for the lenses, and instructions for the camera and prism finder.

This is your chance to have everything you could ever want in a medium format outfit for the price of one Hasselblad lens.

The outfit was painstakingly put together, but I am not using it as I hoped, so my loss is your gain. You will love it!

Priced to sell as a kit at $1395 plus shipping.

You can check my 100% positive feedback on the auction site by checking m.b.marks.

Please PM or send me an email at [email protected]

arichter

Greetings from Minneapolis...Just a few questions, how are the optics on the lenses relative to Hasselblad or Mamiya? One of the boxes said 220 back the other 120, in your ad you mentioned 2 120 backs. Can you clarify? Then, lastly is it easy to convert from 6x7 to 6x6 mode? Thank you! Andy

michael marks

Andy, thanks for your interest. I was born in Minneapolis!

To answer your questions:

I have experience with all all of them and I believe the PG lenses stand up to any of the others and are an outrageous bargain. Sorry about the confusion regarding the 220 box. I used to have a 220 back and for some reason still have the box and inadvertently included it in the picture. I do have the two 120 6x7 backs as stated. Finally, Bronica made different backs for each format that dispense the film in the proper lengths for each format. They are available but I have never used them.

I hope this helps.

Best,

Michael