The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

FS: Leica 50mm Summitar f/2 lens ($239 Shipped!)

Gary Clennan

Up for sale is a Leica 50mm Summitar f/2 lens. This is a classic Leica lens manufactured around 1939. It is a collapsible design which makes it very compact when storing and carrying the camera. This lens produces nice smooth bokeh in general and under the right conditions can give that swirly bokeh look. When stopped down past f/5.6 it is actually quite sharp. The exterior cosmetics show fair bit of wear and some light brassing on edges and the barrel. The focus is fairly smooth as is the aperture ring. In colder winter weather, the aperture ring can be a bit sticky but certainly useable. When I bought this lens I gave it a good cleaning, lube, and polishing. However, if you are one who needs their lenses in absolute perfect condition, you should just assume that the lens will need a professional CLA. As it stands now, I would be perfectly happy using it as is for many years to come. The great thing is that the front/rear elements are in incredible condition considering the age of the lens. No significant scratches, scuffs, mold, pits, etc. You will find that most Summitar lenses have quite a few scratches on the front element. This sale comes complete with original Leica front cap and aftermarket rear lens cap. I am also including a Kipon ltm-M coded adapter in the purchase price. This lens would be a lot of fun on any mirrorless system. Price is in USD. If any Canadians would like to pay via EMT, price will be reduced by 3%. Price includes shipping within Canada and CONUS as well as all Paypal fees. If you have any questions, feel free to send a PM.

Price = $239 Shipped & PP'd

DSC_0932 by Gary Clennan, on Flickr

DSC_0934 by Gary Clennan, on Flickr

DSC_0937 by Gary Clennan, on Flickr

1081544 by Gary Clennan, on Flickr