The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

WTB: Leica Elmarit 180mm 2.8 Version II

Godfrey

Looking for the pre-Apo Version II of the 180 2.8 Elmarit R lens.
(not Version I, with the tripod fitting) ...
thank you
Rafael
[email protected]
Tarmarkin.com has two of them listed for sale at present, one from about 1979 and the other from about 1994 based on serial numbers.

I've done a lot of business with Dan Tamarkin and he always delivers excellent quality used gear at reasonable prices, and is a pleasure to work with.

G

Rafael Macia

Thank you. Yes, I know Mr Tamarkin and agree he is great to do business with. I will have a look.
As to the earlier question why the non APO. Price,weight, my own shooting style is not a wide open style.
Like a car the last couple of horsepower costs a lot more than the first couple. I may not need the APO although if I saw one at a good price I would grab it, in a heart beat. Shoot both, and keep one.
Thanks guys!

Last edited: