The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Zeiss Victory DiaScope 85 T* FL Spotting Scope - for digiscoping and birdwatching

rdcny

Price: $2,250.00
Payment method: PayPal or Wire Transfer
Item condition: 10 Preowned equipment, but appears as new
Shipping instructions: Shipping included to continental USA; US Postal 2 day or UPS ground

almost mint condition Zeiss spotting scope with the 20-60x zoom lens (not the 20-75x). It is this one:

Zeiss Victory DiaScope 20-60x85 T* FL Spotting Scope 17 87 882

Zeiss Victory DiaScope 85 T* FL Spotting Scope

it is their top of the line spotting scope - and sold for about $3100.oo new...it is the straight (not angled) version. It is silver and black. It comes with the Zeiss cordura cover (also in +/- mint shape). These go for about $100.oo new. I have the original box/instructions for both the lens and the scope. Even the foot of the scope (that locks into a pan/tilt head) shows no wear whatsoever.

By almost mint I mean that I can see no scratches or marks on the barrel/body of the scope. The glass is flawless. Everything on the scope works as it should (the two focusing knobs on top for example)

This is the model that Zeiss produced up until about 2012 or so. It has a dual focus (co..../fine) focusing system. The newest Zeiss (all black) has a single focus mode.

My price is $2250.oo net to me, and I will cover shipping to the continental USA. For other locations in the world, contact me and perhaps we can work something out.

You can find feedback about me on FM forums (rdcny is my user name) - in their classified section where I buy/sell camera equipment. I have the same item posted for sale there:

Zeiss Victory DiaScope 85 T* FL Spotting Scope - FM Forums

This scope is in such fine condition because I recently sent in to to Zeiss for a lookover before this sale - and they sent back what looks to be a new scope...it is a new serial number from the one I sent to them. Anyway, it is in almost pristine shape...I use high end scope and bins (Swarovski 15x56 eg) because I do research on bird migration in Thailand and Nepal...if you go on-line and do a google search (Nepal raptor migration or Thailand r. m.) you should find some photos/publications/articles about my research. And if you cannot find them, just email me and I will send: [email protected]

Finally, I am looking to purchase a used Swarovski 95mm ATX scope (angled) - so if you want to trade (I'll send you cash and my Zeiss scope) - just let me know.

Robert DeCandido PhD - [email protected]
NYC