The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

SOLD: Hasselblad 203FE

dfarkas

Workshop Member
Up for sale is a mint- condition Hasselblad 203FE body with waist level finder and back. Also includes original instruction manual, but no box.

Beautiful camera in really great condition. Very light use.

Price is $1900.

David

dfarkas

Workshop Member
Re: FS: Hasselblad 203FE

Update:

The camera is now available for sale again. Also available is an 80mm f/2.8 F lens for an additional $250.

David

fotografz

David, mark this puppy SOLD!!!!!!! @ $1,700.

Been waiting for a mint 203FE that wasn't converted for digital to use for film work with the e-backs.

I'll PM you with shipping. How do you want payment?

Marc Williams
FOTOGRAFZ

fotografz

I will just mark this sold than. Congrats you two
Thanks Guy ... payment sent ... I am more geeked about this than getting digital stuff that cost 10X as much. I love film and still have my Imacon 949 to take advantage of it :thumbs:

fotografz

i love my 203fe. i hardly bring it out anymore since adding the 50mm 2.8 FE cuz its so heavy!
Don't buy the 350/4FE then ... ;)

I carry the 203FE and 50/2.8 aroound with me on vacation. A good shoulder strap makes a big difference.

PSon

i love my 203fe. i hardly bring it out anymore since adding the 50mm 2.8 FE cuz its so heavy!
But when you do take it out, the Hasselblad 200 Series cameras are among the all timers. Since I like normal perspective my combinations are: 205FCC/203FE + WLF + A12 TCC /E12 CC + 2.8/80 CFE or 2.0/110 FE.

BTW Congratulation Marc! Despite I have more than my own share of the 200 series cameras, I enjoy the photos by David of the 203FE and followed the thread.

jlm

Workshop Member
marc:

could you elaborate? does this imply a converted body would not work with the film backs?

"Been waiting for a mint 203FE that wasn't converted for digital to use for film work with the e-backs."

fotografz

marc:

could you elaborate? does this imply a converted body would not work with the film backs?

"Been waiting for a mint 203FE that wasn't converted for digital to use for film work with the e-backs."
No, no ... I'm sorry ... I don't want to mislead. Any of the Hasselblad V film backs will work on a 203FE that's been converted for use with the CFV digital back.

However, the E type backs communicate with the camera automatically ... but do not when the cameras has been modified. So on a converted camera you have to manually program in the film info each time you change film backs.

The advantage of an unconverted camera, is that you can have 2 or more film backs with different ISO films and swap out backs swiftly without programing the camera each time. For me this is important when shooting in changing conditions ... like at a wedding. I now have 3 E backs and may get a 4th ... so I can load ISO 100, 400, and 800 in them and B&W in a 4th back, and swiftly swap backs at will with no bottle neck.

If you have a converted camera, there is no reason to have a more expensive E back with the data bus contacts ... regular A type work just as well.

woodyspedden

Congratulations Marc

In this condition, $1700 is a steal! I sold mine and have regretted it since. I will probably buy another at some point

Woody

faneuil

For Sale: Hasselblad 203FE digital mod'ed mint-

The last of my hassy bodies..
I offer for sale a near mint Hasselblad 203FE which was modified by Hasselblad last year to take a CFV back. At that time it was CLA'd. With waist level finder.

Will try to post photos soon. Asking $2400 (the digital modification cost $400 I think)

Loved this body with CFV but acquired a P45 back and have gone the AFD III route.

please feel free to contact me at [email protected]

Cheers,
Eric