The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

WTB: Chrome Summilux 50 pre-asph e46

ruskiantonov

Hello again!

Posted a few days ago about wanting the 50 asph 'lux and the 90 e55 'cron.

Found the latter today for a good price, but have changed my mind about the 50mm focal range.

After comparing photos on the net, I think it'd be wiser for me to pursue the pre-asph summilux since I shoot mostly people and it has more the Leica look/glow, if you will.

I have a 35mm asph summicron, and I reserve that for when I go out and shoot cityscapes and general wide angle photography.

My thought is that the 50 'lux and 90 'cron will be used for low light and distance (respectively) portrait photography. So maybe the pre-asph is a better choice since the rendering is softer and it'll match my 90 'cron.

Let me know if you have one or want to contribute to my decision process of favoring the pre-asph 'lux. GAS wants the asph lux but head says pre-asph. Let me know :D

Thanks!

Best,
Alex

PS I've been using an M3 with a 50 Summicron DR and 90 Summicron (1st version), I'm now selling this and stepping up my gear a bit. Trades are an option.

cqing

Hello, are you interested in trading your Summicron DR with my 50mm Summilux ASPH? PM me if you are interested.