The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

FS: Konica UC-Hexanon 35mm f/2 LTM Lens

rfaspen

I don't know if its price or lack of familiarity with this lens. I'm just surprised its still here.

Perhaps some examples here or a link to examples from this lens? Maybe a link to Dante's review. I honestly don't know what the appropriate price for this lens would be, but it seems right to compare with summicron of similar stature (although the LTM summicron 35 is spendy -- collector value?).

Ken Rockwell suggested that the UC-Hex is inferior to its Leica counterpart, but he's not quite right. Ken compared to the current ASPH summicron, which is a bit unfair. Still, the UC-Hex compared admirably to the ASPH cron. Ken emphasized lower sharpness that wasn't overly dramatic. Distortion differences were valid, but again, not as great as we would be led to believe. Now, compared to a pre-ASPH cron, I think the UC-Hex is a great performer and I think that's a more fair comparison. Its worth noting the UC-Hex is substantially smaller and lighter than the ASPH cron. The lens should handle extremely well and its size is an advantage for most 35 shooters. Bokeh? Well, I can only suggest looking at the images from each. I don't see much difference between the UC-Hex and pre-ASPH cron. Others do.

I have too many 35s to justify getting another, but the UC Hex has always been on my "top tier" list. Why? I've seen the images. To me, the UC-Hex is much like a pre-ASPH Summicron in performance :)loco: maybe?). And I do like the versatility of this lens (LTM or M), which is one reason why I also like the Summaron 35/2.8 with the detachable factory M-mount.

But please, someone buy this lens so I don't have to keep looking at it every time I visit FM. I truly can't afford another 35 -- and if I could get another, it needs to be a fast one -- 1.4 or better. Oh, and if you do buy this lens and you happen to live near me.....how about a lens swap day? I'd love to shoot with this UC-Hex...

kermaier

I don't know if its price or lack of familiarity with this lens. I'm just surprised its still here.
Might also be the strength of the USD vs. some currencies recently....

I have too many 35s to justify getting another, but the UC Hex has always been on my "top tier" list. Why? I've seen the images. To me, the UC-Hex is much like a pre-ASPH Summicron in performance :)loco: maybe?). And I do like the versatility of this lens (LTM or M), which is one reason why I also like the Summaron 35/2.8 with the detachable factory M-mount.
Yes, I also have too many 35s, including that convertible Summaron -- really great lens if you don't need the extra stop of aperture, especially in B&W.

::Ari

rcerick

Thanks, Ari. Looking forward to receiving and shooting with it.

Ashwin - I hope it stacks up well against the W-Nikkor 35mm f/1.8 I sold you, which I also bought from Ari.
Cheers,
Rich