The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

SOLD: Black Leica M8 Classic + lenses

etrigan63

The time has come for me to sell my M8 kit.

Black Leica M8 - Totally Mint, past warranty, no marks or scratches of any kind. Includes all boxes, software and accessories. Plus I am throwing in my Thumbs Up CS Model 1. Asking $3000

CV 40mm Nokton f/1.4 - Perfect glass, one small nick on thumb tab, and includes B+W IR Cut Filter and hood. Milich coded mount. Asking $300.

Zeiss 21mm Biogon f/2.8 + Leica filter + hood. Perfect glass, no marks or nicks. Mount replaced for M8 framelines and Milich coded. Asking $750.

Leica 21-24-28 Tri Finder in perfect condition. Asking $350.

Take the Zeiss and VF together for $1000.

Prices do not include Paypal or shipping fees.

Willing to trade M8 for LNIB Nikon D700.

Pictures upon request.

Paratom

Re: FS: Black Leica M8 Classic + lenses

Dont give up the M8 for the D700 as long as you do not intent to shoot a lot high ISo or Tele. You wont get that colors, microdetail etc with the D700.
Cheers, Tom

fotografz

Dont give up the M8 for the D700 as long as you do not intent to shoot a lot high ISo or Tele. You wont get that colors, microdetail etc with the D700.
Cheers, Tom
Unless you install a brightscreen and slap on a ZF 28/2, 35/2, 50/2 or 85/1.4 :thumbs:

Besides, the poster isn't selling lenses that produced that color, Micro-detail etc.

There is something to be said about shooting usable ISO 2500 and 5000 images :rolleyes:

But I still wouldn't give up the M8 unless the rangefinder experience isn't your cup of tea.

etrigan63

Tom, foto:
The nature of my work is heading into high ISO tele work. See my Nutcracker galleries for an example. Next month I am shooting Don Quixote. I am also being hired for location portrait work and event photography. The M8 doesn't fit in this model and the D700 does. In my heart I would keep the M8 for me (it was a lifelong dream to own a Leica), but I have a need for the Nikon gear that will generate revenue. One day I will own a Leica again.

etrigan63

UPDATE:

M8 - TRADED for D700 (sorry Erik, the Softie went with it).

Zeiss 21 + Finder - SOLD
CV 40mm - SOLD

Last edited: