The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

FS/T (Can/US) Nikon 70-200/2.8 VRII LN & D3S

robmac

Couple items on the block as shift some gear around. Some feedback here, most on FM under Conner999 (90+ transactions):

1. Nikon 70-200/2.8 VRII. CDN Model.
Purchased this lens recently from a HIGHLY respect FM seller (and the original owner) who I've dealt with on a number of occasions for an atypical (for me) indoor shoot that needed it and while it's a new lens and spectacular in performance, I'll not use it often enough to warrant holding on to it.

I'm the 2nd owners, CDN model, bought new from Vistek (one of the two largest CDN photo houses) in late December 2014. As you can image it's indistinguishable from new. It's all uber clean, clear and smooth. Comes with all the material you'd find as new, including original purchase receipt:

-Lens (you kinda guess that)
-OEM Caps, hood & foot
-OEM Softcase
-Box
-Original receipt
-Nice, "new lens smell" packing material

Given the current CDN/US exchange rate, it would be a great opp. for a US buyer - and for a CDN to save some $$ of new and taxes for what is new glass.

Price is CDN$2000 (payable in CDN$ but = app. US$1625) via EMT in Canada or via Paypal (add 3%) plus insured shipping via Canada Post or, if to US (due to Canada's Posts US $1000 insurance limit) Purolator.

Trade considerations
Profoto B1, Nikon 35/1.8G Fx - ideally in Canada due to impact on value of VAT on cross-border deals.

--------------------------------

2. Nikon D3S, Mint-
My backup D3S. Had been running two D3S bodies, with this one as backup and have since moved to a D800e as my prime body. Now moving to a D810 prime and D800e backup. This D3S has been relegated to the role of (never needed) emergency backup, for BTS shots. LOVE this camera and what it produces, but it's become a closet queen CDN model located in Canada. I am second owner. Used by prior owner and myself almost exclusively in studio. Shutter count is just under 85K with 95% of that from the first owner.

Extras that comes : Type E Screen (grid), 2dn battery, kirk plate, Tether Tools tether cable. In fantastic shape all around and a great clean, zero-issues body. On tiny rub mark where plate meets body - inconsequential. To recap, included are:

Body & cap
Two OEM batteries
Double charger
OEM focusing screen
Box for this specific camera, etc
Type E screen (grid) installed
Kirk base plate (NOT L)
Tether Tools orange USB 2 tether cable

Payment by EMT in Canada or via PP (add 3%).

Price is CDN$3150 (US$2500) plus PP (if used) and insured shipping via Canada Post Xpresspost or Purolator based on online estimate. Will NOT ship UPS cross-border.

Trade considerations:
Clean CDN D810 or clean, issue-free CDND800e + cash in Canada (due to VAT issues on cross border trades).

robmac

Bump. Some changes re: the 70-200 listing:

1. CDN shipping via NORMAL POST now included for the 70-200. Outside Canada, buyer pays actual based on online estimate.
2. Would also accept Nikon 85mm PC-E or 105VR as part trade, ideally in Canada due to VAT hit on value at border