The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

WTB: Arca-Swiss Cube C1

ma-photography

Looking for a Cube in good condition and preferably with RRS clamp or the Classic knob...

Let me know if you have one for sale!

ma-photography

Thanks, but I can order a brand new one in Germany for €1200 / $1300 (without VAT).

It's just that I don't like the flip lock and I think the knob from the Classic version is too small. I'm used to RRS clamps with big knobs. I like things stupid and simple, pretty much like the user himself ;)

Maybe I should prepare the blowtorch and anti loctite mentality after all..?

Interesting price for the Cube in Europe. Here in America, it's much higher. Or you can just get the Photoclam Multiflex.

ma-photography

Yeah you're right...
It's 1430 euro including VAT at the Arca-Swiss shop, which is $ 1560.
The well known retailers in the US sell it for $ 1700 now.

Does anyone know something about a company in the US that can swich the plates while retaining the Arca-Swiss warranty? I have heard of this...

Don Libby

There really isn't much to removing the damn red Loctite. After going through it twice a couple years ago with the D4 and D4M I found using a heatgun works just about the best. The first time I did it I felt I was going to burn the house down however after heating it up on low for a couple minutes I was able to lessen the bolt enough to remove it. You only need 2-things to do this yourself with no harm to the Cube; a heatgun and make certain you have the correct size alan wrench.

kdphotography

Red loctite is a PITA. Bad move by Arca-Swiss. End users should be able to make the simple decisions, like what type of top clamp they want to use. Glad I have an earlier version of the Cube.

ma-photography

Why do they choose to be so conservative? If they gave me an option I would have bought the Cube already 3 years ago... and I believe there are other potential buyers holding back because of this.
It's why I still use the Manfrotto 410, but that one is big and getting too much leeway.
The fact that is has 3 geared axes is great though.

Arca-Swiss says they got many Cubes back with problems, because buyers tried to install their own clamps. But instead of being defensive about it and glue everything together, I think they should offer their users more options to choose from. Apparently that's what they want!
Why don't they give us the service of installing a clamp we want, and they install it professionally before sending it out? Next to the extra costs of the clamp, I would easily pay them a service fee to do this.

Pemihan

Or simply give the customers the option to buy it with no clamp installed..

Peter

Why do they choose to be so conservative? If they gave me an option I would have bought the Cube already 3 years ago... and I believe there are other potential buyers holding back because of this.
It's why I still use the Manfrotto 410, but that one is big and getting too much leeway.
The fact that is has 3 geared axes is great though.

Arca-Swiss says they got many Cubes back with problems, because buyers tried to install their own clamps. But instead of being defensive about it and glue everything together, I think they should offer their users more options to choose from. Apparently that's what they want!
Why don't they give us the service of installing a clamp we want, and they install it professionally before sending it out? Next to the extra costs of the clamp, I would easily pay them a service fee to do this.

Last edited: