The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

FS - Leica M9P (chrome) and M9 Monochrom (black) + extras

ashwinrao1

Hi all, testing the waters here.

M9-P chrome + extras - $ 4150 shipped

Up for sale are my boxed M9P-Chrome, in Mint- condition, with a recent CLA/RF calibation by Leica this past summer. Approx 15000 actuations. All boxes, cables, chargers, etc are included, along with a M-Mate 2 baseplate (allowing rapid exchange of SD and battery card) and Matching Luigi Half case (with screen cut out and cut outs for the M-Mate 2 baseplate), meaning you never have to take the half case off. I am throwing in a Gordy's wrist strap, extra battery, and Thumbs-Up EP-2 thumb grip as well.

M9-Monochrom + extras - $4250 shipped
Next for sale are my boxed M9-Monochrom, in excellent condition, with very subtle brassing/paint fade on edges, typical of regular use. 25,000 actuations. All boxes, cables, chargers, etc are included, along with a M-Mate 2 baseplate (allowing rapid exchange of SD and battery card) and Matching Luigi Half case (with screen cut out and cut outs for the M-Mate 2 baseplate), meaning you never have to take the half case off. I am throwing in a Gordy's wrist strap, extra battery, and Thumbs-Up EP-2 thumb grip as well, as above.

Full disclosure that both sensors may need a clean. I only use a rocket blower and have never wet cleaned either sensor. No known or seen corrosion issues, FYI.

I only take personal or bank checks. CONUS sale only. Shipped via insured, trackable shipping through UPS, FedEx or USPS (if preferred).

Pictures to follow if there is interest.

mewanchuk

Great deals Ashwin!

What are you headed to next? (I always thought of you as one of the "M9 Stalwarts...")

GLWS!

-M.

ashwinrao1

Thanks, Mark! I am considering a foray into the M246. I absolutely adore the MM and M9, and yeah, do consider myself a stalwart in some regard. However, I think it's time for a new journey. Truth be told, my A7s has gotten the largest share of the work for the past year, and the M9 has been more ideal than it should be. I think trying out the 246, and being involved in the testing, discussion, and debate around the camera, will be a fun experience, but the only way to fund this is to sell both cameras. I can always dive back in down the road, since I have had the M9 for 5 years and the MM for nearly 3 now.

ashwinrao1

PRICE DROP PICS BELOW:

M Monochrom + accessories: $3950 shipped (CONUS); shutter count approx 21,000

M9-P Chrome + accessories: $3950 shipped (CONUS); shutter count approx 8,000

Accessories include (for each camera): Luigi half case (pictured), spare battery, Gordy's strap, M-Mate 2 baseplate, Thumbs up grip, + charger and cables
For the MM, original neck strap (unused) is also included

All boxes included as well....

Last edited:

ashwinrao1

Sale pending on the M Monochrom locally.

M9P remains available. You'd be hard pressed to find a cleaner copy, with only 8K actuations. $3900 shipped in within the CONUS.

ashwinrao1

M Monochrom is sold (whimper)

M9-P remains available. Thanks to you all for the "nibbles" of interest...

ashwinrao1

Sunday price drop, and final price:

$3550 (shipping included) for a near mint M9-P

CONUS.

Thanks for looking

ashwinrao1

Sale on the M9-P is now pending....

A few whimpers and tears to see this camera off to a new home. My nearly 6 year journey with the M9/M9-P is drawing to a close....

jonoslack

Hi Ashwin
Congratulations with the sale
Has your 246 arrived yet?
I'll be interested in your take on it
Best

ashwinrao1

Thanks much everyone. I have been lucky to try a friend's M246 and came away very impressed. The file handling and processing will take some adjustment, as it's different than the MM9. I am impressed by the flexibility of files, and I look forward to seeing what I can coax out of the cameras, with both modern and vintage lenses.

David and Jono, my own M246 has not yet arrived. I am hopeful to have one within a 2-3 week window, but will have a further chance to borrow a friend's copy soon for a more extended test drive!

D&A

Ashwin, big congrats on both the sale and upcoming M246. No doubt in a few short weeks you'll be turing out you usual impressive images. Heck you could make a tomato with a sensor and pinhole make magical images (as long as you don't let it get too ripe) :).

Dave (D&A)