The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Huge Mamiya kit, 645 afdIII with digital back.

nanthor

Hi all, I am selling my large Mamiya afdIII kit including lenses that I have carefully put together over several years and an outstanding Hasselblad digital back that is calibrated to the camera. I didn't know prior to assembling the kit that you just can't take a digital back and pop it on a camera and expect it to perform well. the sensors are so flat that even a micro-mm of poor adjustment can mean back or front focus issues. The backs very often need to be shimmed to match the bodies. Anyways, this back works perfectly with the body and that's why I would like to sell them together.

1. Mamiya 645afdIII body with 402 film back and Hasselblad Ixpress CF-22 (mp) back. The camera body and film back are in mint- condition, and come in the original boxes with instruction booklets. The digital back is the Hasselblad fat-pixel CF-22 back, takes regular CF cards and works off batteries, no need for a tether. I will be including 4 nearly new batteries and 6 very nice matching CF cards with the set, along with the charger. This is a fantastic d-back and has a very large nearly full frame sensor with big 9+ sized sensor pots. While it is not actually full frame sized, I use the entire finder image for framing and the sensor image matches it, no need for a finder mask. Also included is either a Phase One 80mm f2.8 D lens (shown) or the less expensive but very nearly as excellent normal Mamiya 80mm f2.8 lens. So, you get the best camera body, IMO, the best film back with faster film advance, and your choice of lens.You also get the great digital back in the set. The D-back will also work on many other medium format cameras and will include both the Mamiya adapter and the Hasselblad 500 series adapter, the back works MUCH better on the auto-focus auto-metered Mamiya camera though. I will be adding info about the camera and digital back in the next few days. Price for the set with the D lens is $4400.00, with the normal Mamiya AF lens is $3900.00.

2. I have quite a few nice lenses for the set. Will be adding pictures in the next day or so but unless noted all lenses are mint- condition. ALL glass is perfect and all functions are perfect. The lenses are the 35mm f3.5 AF, the Phase One 40mm f2.8 Schneider lens (same as the "D" series lenses), The 50-110mm AF zoom, the 105-210mm AF zoom, the 120mm manual focus macro lens, and the 300mm f5.6 manual focus lens. Please contact me for pricing which I will be posting tomorrow after some research.

While I hope there are no reasons for a return I do offer that protection if the buyer returns the item in the same condition as received and pays for return shipping. Payments via paypal (gift preferred), or google wallet.

nanthor

Well, as you can imagine from the name it is just the best lens, ever!
Except, I made a mistake and it is not a Schneider lens, I must have been half asleep. It's a 40mm f2.8 PhaseOne lens (that I bought from you, Peter). Sorry for the error. Bob.

P.S. I just checked something and now I know why Schneider was in my head when writing the ad. The previous owner sent the lens in a Schneider-Kreuznach box. (that's you Peter, :))

Pemihan

P.S. I just checked something and now I know why Schneider was in my head when writing the ad. The previous owner sent the lens in a Schneider-Kreuznach box. (that's you Peter, :))
Ahhh That's right :))) But it was a 45mm I sent, did you shave off 5mm? ;-)

I thought I had missed a new lens somehow :)

Good luck with the sale!

Peter

nanthor

To make the lens a 40mm you have to take 5 steps backwards, then shoot.
The lens is indeed, a 45mm f2.8. Argh, gettin' old.

ahotflash

hi
is this the same Hasselblad Ixpress CF-22 (mp) back that was for sale in October last year?
thank you
d david y

nanthor

Hi David, I had the back back then but I don't think I was selling it then, I could have but I think I would have combined it with the camera since it is such a nice combination. Bob.