The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

FS: Leica M9 - $2555

JSRockit

US Only! (Please don't ask to buy if you aren't from the US)

I'm selling a Leica M9 with 6,797 acuations for $2555 shipped. It comes with a leica brand battery and the manual. Whoever owned it in the past removed the white from the M9 logo and added a black dot. The camera has a dent on the back which is the reason for the price. I have no idea how it got there since I didn't make the dent. A thumbs up or thumbie covers the dent very well. I don't see any ill effects from the dent other than cosmetics. This is a user camera at a user price. Please look carefully at the camera in the photos provided. It has cosmetic issues, but not mechanical ones. I've owned a brand new M9 in the past and this doesn't perform any different than the new one... it just looks uglier.

What I can say is that I used the camera for a few hundred acuations and it focuses correctly (I used f2 and f2.5 lenses wide open) and it does not seem to show any signs of a sensor issue. I have included two images of the sky shot at f/16 focused to infinity. It shows some dust (as M9s tend to do) which can be cleaned, but I don't see any sensor issues regarding corrosion that some M9s have.

BONUS: The camera apparently came with a 2 year Mack Extended Warrantee which appears to have 1.5 years left. This is a bonus that I did not caluclate into my asking price. Since you'll have to transfer it into your name for a $20 fee (only included in picture to get the point accross) and its not clear if it is still transferrable, it is a wild card. However, everything needed to transfer will be included i.e. KEH receipt, warranty card, info on the original owner, and instructions on how to transfer. AGAIN, this is a bonus. Please don't assume it has a warranty. If this works out and you can tranfer, then it will be a nice bonus for the buyer. I didn't bother with the transfer myself. I don't want to deal with it.

[email protected]

Last edited: