The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Hexanon 57mm f1.2 ready for 4/3rds use.

Brian Mosley

Hello everyone,

I have a spare Hexanon 57mm f1.2 which I am willing to sell for use with any 4/3rds camera (although it works best with the G1 + 4/3rds adapter).

This is the ultimate portrait lens for 4/3rds imho - the bokeh is sublime, lovely depth of field control and here are a few example images taken with Olympus E-400 and Panasonic G1 cameras.

Olympus E-400 :

Panasonic G1 :

Price £200, delivery included in the UK... charged at cost for worldwide.

The conversion for 4/3rds use is using Pete Snaar's method here :
http://www.snaar.co.uk/lenses/index.html

Kind Regards

Brian

Jonas

Hello everyone,

I have a spare Hexanon 57mm f1.2 which I am willing to sell for use with any 4/3rds camera (although it works best with the G1 + 4/3rds adapter).
Hello Brian,

That's a nice fat little lens Brian. Is this one having a rubberized focusing ring or is it the knurled metal version?

regards, /Jonas

Brian Mosley

It's the metal focus ring version.

And I'll probably get around to showing it on the camera in due course. Thanks for your interest.

Kind Regards

Brian

cam

i'm trying to get K1 of the fight club to buy this.... you say it works better with the G1 rather than your 4/3rd body -- why?

kevinparis

any reason why you say it works better on the G1 and adaptor rather on a full sized 4/3rds.. Are we talking image quality or general mechanical fit ?

Jonas

And I'll probably get around to showing it on the camera in due course. Thanks for your interest.
Ah, the knurled metal ring. Well, pros and cons, and the price seems just right too. I have a rubberized ring version with a hard to move around aperture ring...

This Hexanon f/1.2 lens is a very good one (and I have tried many). I'm tempted, must resist... Somebody will be happy with tis lens I'm sure.

Good luck,

--
Jonas

woodyspedden

Kind Regards

Brian
Hey Brian

I have a mint copy of the 50 1.2 Hexanon and wonder if you know the differences between it and the 57mm with which I am not at all familiar.

Thanks

Woody

Brian Mosley

Hi Woody, the 50mm f1.2 is probably a Hexar rangefinder lens - this is a Hexanon AR fit lens for the Konika SLR.

cam, Kevin until Olympus bring out a body with IS plus EVF, the G1 is the best we have for use with legacy lenses imho... (the E-3 runs a close second) EVF gives you the ability to MF perfectly accurately with the camera stabilised to your eye.

The 57mm f1.2 balances better on any Oly body - but you just canna' beat that EVF for manual focusing :)

Kind Regards

Brian

Brian Mosley

Blimey, these threads sink fast... had to use the forum Search function to find this again! lol

Here's another sample of the unique character of this lens, taken yesterday. Still loving the G1 by the way.

Kind Regards

Brian

E

ekso

Really nice lens. I wish I could buy it, but I think I need to play with the kit lens (G1) first.
Any feedback on how that compares with that ?
Also, why would you say it works better with the G1?

Ekso.

Brian Mosley

Well, the time has come to part with my beloved Hexanon 57mm f1.2 rubberised ring version... £250, delivery included in the UK.

This could easily be adapted for the Sony Nex camera also... probably a better option even than m4/3rds. Must resist the temptation to add another body to my kit! lol

Cheers

Brian

Brian Mosley

Ah, the knurled metal ring. Well, pros and cons, and the price seems just right too. I have a rubberized ring version with a hard to move around aperture ring...

This Hexanon f/1.2 lens is a very good one (and I have tried many). I'm tempted, must resist... Somebody will be happy with tis lens I'm sure.

Good luck,

--
Jonas
Just to clarify - I've had an e-mail from someone concerned about my lens having this hard to move around aperture ring... this is confusion with Jonas' lens above, not mine! mine is perfectly fine :)

A couple more recent shots...

E-P2 + Hexanon 57mm f1.2
1/40s f/2.0 iso1600

E-P2 + Hexanon 57mm f1.2
1/125s f/1.8 iso320

E-P2 + Hexanon 57mm f1.2
1/100s f/4.0 iso200

Cheers

Brian

dannylin

Hey Brian,

May I know what's the difference between rubberised ring version and another version (not familiar with Hexanon lens versions) ?

Thanks,
Danny

Brian Mosley

Hi Danny, the lens I am now selling is the newer, rarer, more smoothly focusing rubber ringed version.

This is an example on ebay (not mine) of the rubber ring version.

And this is an example on ebay of the metal ringed version.

This is a picture of mine (self portrait taken through two conveniently discovered mirrors - I'll try to get an up to date shot shortly) mounted on the E-400

I'm offering mine this cheap, because I want a quick sale (before the credit card bill arrives! lol)

Cheers

Brian

dannylin

Thanks a lot, Brian.

Am I right with it - so from what I read above, I guess your lens has been converted from AR to the Four Third mount already, no?

What I need to is a 4/3rd to Micro 4/3rd adapter if I wanna use it on my 4/3rd body, correct? (mine is Olympus E-P3).

I have have Leica M and Canon EOS. But I couldn't find any information over the Internet about how to adapt a 4/3rd mount to M or EF/EF-S mount.

Brian Mosley

Hi Danny,

I also have a 4/3rds to m4/3rds adapter which I could include - drop me an e-mail and we can discuss a price.

Cheers

Brian