The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Leica Summicron 35mm ver.4 and 50mm v.5 in LTM For Sale

india42

Hello, I have 2 nice Leica lenses for sale.

Summicron 35mm Ver. 4 - This is the seven element version, some people call it the 'Bokeh King'. the serial number is 3019xxx which puts it at about 1980 release. It is not perfect, it has been used, the aperture is a little tight past f8. Also there is some dust and maybe a few hairline cleaning marks. I looked pretty close and overall it's pretty clean, and focus is very smooth. Includes lens hood with cap and rear cap, no box or pouch, and no front cap (just the square hood cap) $1500USD

Summicron 50mm LTM Limited Edition - This is the current version Summicron in Leica Thread Mount. This was issued in limited quantities (maybe 1000 or so, not really sure), for the Japanese market. A few years back, I was planning to buy a IIIf, so I bought this. I never got the IIIf, so I'd like to sell this and get a Summilux. It comes with the box, lens pouch, all paperwork (as far as I know), caps, and a Leica LTM - M adapter. I am also including a Voigtlander LTM - M adapter I bought because the Leica adapter didn't work with the M240 at first. This lens is very nice, I can't find a mark on it. I never say 'mint' or 'like new' because I have been using it, so I'm sure if you look close enough, there would be some signs of use. The glass looks flawless, I can't see a mark on front or back.$1750USD

Prices include PayPal fees, buyer pays shipping. If you are relatively local, maybe we could meet and save the fees.

I have sold a few things on GetDPI, but it's been awhile (before the Buy and Sell format change...and back). I have a feedback count over 920 positive (0 negative) on the big auction site under the same use ID (india42).
Feel free to ask questions.
Thanks for looking...
Paul

Attachments

india42

OK, well I guess I must have these overpriced, so I have reduced the prices. How about $1450 for the Summicron 35mm, and 1650 for the 50mm.
Thanks for looking...
Paul

rfaspen

Oh, that LTM summicron has been on my list for quite a while. Unfortunately, another prize item has my eye and the penny-saving is going towards that. If this were just a few months ago.....

I'm sure there's someone out there who can appreciate this lens for what it is. The price seems good, but I have no reference...:)

india42

Hey rfaspen, thanks for the comment, yes, she's a beauty! I guess there just aren't that many LTM users anymore. This is a great way to get the modern Summicron optical formula in a LTM lens. As far as the price, I figured it would be worth more considering a new one is $2000+, and it can't be used on a LTM camera and it is in great condition.
Anyway, not in a hurry,
Paul

india42

Hmmm...Friday again! Time flies,

I guess lenses are a tough sell these days, oh well, not in a hurry.

Thanks,
Paul

india42

Well, I can see this is going nowhere, so I am going to keep the 50mm. I guess I'll take one more try at selling the 35mm... how about $1400 + shipping.

Thanks for looking,
Paul