The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Leica S 30-90 lens

john

…..The Leica Vario-Elmar S 30-90 f3.5-5.6 ASPH $7200 USD is for sale. Please contact for pictures, details and references.

John

Manolo Laguillo

Hi,
I would like to know: where it is located? I do live in Spain.
Why do you sell it?
Would like to see how it looks.
Thank you!
Manolo

john

Manolo:

Sorry for the delay in responding as I did not check the listing. I am in the USA, and while possible, international sales can be difficult.
I am selling it to fund the purchase of the S 45CS. Most of my work with the S2P is using Profoto B1s, and the ability to use central shutter up to 750/1000th is important. Limited use with the S 30-90 in both bright ambient light, and with the Metz 76 at 125th have been successful. As a walk about (using Black Rapid strap with camera at waist level, then brought to eye level when ready) is much easier that might be expected given the combined weight of the camera and lens. I did not find great softness in the corners of wide angle landscape images. If any, the convenience of the compositional opportunities from 30-90 is a choice each person can make. There are always trade offs. I did not find this onerous.

Let me know if I can assist as you consider this lens. You can contact me for pictures, more information, and references at: [email protected]

John

Hi,
I would like to know: where it is located? I do live in Spain.
Why do you sell it?
Would like to see how it looks.
Thank you!
Manolo