The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

FS: Sigma DP2 Merrill - 9.5/10 - $325

I

I picked this up from a Leica Forum member about 4 months ago just to see what all the fuss was about. And I am tempted to keep it for the color pallet and the resolution, but I just don't need a carry along all the time camera and I have the M for travel. Must say though that the color pallet is different and more pleasant to my eye than the majority of digitals out there. Colors are more muted, more rich and more sophisticated. Very nice if you can appreciate that sort of thing.

And the files/resolution are unbelievable. But I'm a B&W kind of guy and enlargeability of color isn't of much value.

I knocked off a half point because some of the corner points on the adjusting wheel (top of camera) are bright rather than black. Looks like it may have happened rubbing up against a rough material like blue jean denim. I point it out because it may not be evident in photos.

These are going for 400ish on the bay w/o the extras. Figured I would give you people a crack at it for 325, net to me, before I send it on.

Comes with all the original stuff plus a 32 gig memory card, 3 extra batteries and an extra charger.

Here is your chance to find out what this technology is all about with out any financial risk or cost.

More photos available on request.

Attachments