The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

SOLD: Leica M8.2 (EU)

Eoin

For sale Nov 08 Leica M8.2, comes with all original packaging.
Camera in excellent condition, consistent with careful use for 4 months.
I reckon there is less than 2000 frames taken.

Reason for sale is my dis-improving eyesight and the toddlers are getting to quick to catch focus all the time. Yes!, I know I'm going to regret this. :cry:

Price €3.400.00 plus paypal and shipping.

Eoin

Re: FS: Leica M8.2 (EU)

Price reduction & extras

Price reduced to €3200 extras to include Leica grip (M8.0 type) and spare battery

Gary P

Hi Eoin:

I'm in, I'll take it, your right it is a good deal.

I'll email to work out the details to get this beauty across the pond.

Gary P

Farnz

Eion,

Did the M8.2 come with a Leica Passport warranty, and if so, how long is left on it and is it transferrable?

Pete.

Eoin

Eion,

Did the M8.2 come with a Leica Passport warranty, and if so, how long is left on it and is it transferrable?

Pete.
Good question!, but one needs to differentiate between passport warranty and the standard Leica international warranty.

Passport warranty is an all risks warranty given by some leica distributers (Leica UK, Leica USA) for some products they supply in their market. This passport is an extra (accidental damage, extended period warranty) warranty given on specific items. I know Leica UK give passport on the M8 as well as lenses and they make provision for this warranty to be transfered to a second owner during the warranty period. My camera is not covered by this type of warranty.

Leica's standard international warranty covers the camera for manufacturing defects or malfunction for a period of 2 years. Warranty can be claimed on production of a dealer stamped & dated Leica warranty card or by proof of purchase showing the date along with the Leica warranty card.
It makes no reference to the warranty not being transferable, but rather the camera is covered.

My camera came directly from Leica Solms, and carries a full 2 year international warranty starting Nov 08. Should there be any issues with the camera I would of course be amenable.

So sorry I have no definitive answer for you on the transfer part of your question.

Regards

Eoin

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor

I may have to send a note to Leica and see if a international warranty is transferable to a new owner. I was asked this question this week and I think it is not. But the original owner can certainly send it in. Let me get clarification on this to be sure though.

Sent note for clarification

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor

Okay I have the answer from Leica within a hour BTW.

Direct quote and glad I checked because I was wrong.

The 2 year international warranties are transferable but keep in mind that the initial sales receipt from the first customer is needed. Otherwise a future repair will be a billable repair!

Me:
So make sure on any purchase on a used M8 get a copy of the original receipt and do include that with any repair going in.

Eoin

Thank you Guy,

Just one question, was that from Leica USA or Leica Solms?.

Eoin

OK, last throw of the dice before I either list on ebay or decide to keep it,

€3000 including the extras listed but paypal & shipping extra.

Leica USA & Solms say the international warranty is on the camera & remains on the camera with a 2nd owner.

stephengilbert

Try $4315. Just type "3400 euros" in a Google search box, and you'll get an approximate equivalent in dollars.

Eoin

€3000 @ 1.267 US$ to the € is about $3803.
But you need to check what rate paypal is giving for payment in Euro which is often less. Oh and don't forget to factor in Shipping (€50ish) and those fees (+3%) on top of the total.

charlesphoto

Great deal. Where were you a month ago when I bought my second M8 (now heading off for an upgrade)?

apsheng

€3000 @ 1.267 US$ to the € is about $3803.
But you need to check what rate paypal is giving for payment in Euro which is often less. Oh and don't forget to factor in Shipping (€50ish) and those fees (+3%) on top of the total.
I'll take it if you will accept a bank wire transfer in US $ 3803 plus shipping. I assume you have the original receipt? I'll send pm.

Alan