The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Warning: scammer!

Alkibiades

Warning: this person is a scammer: [email protected]
he calls himseld marcus from valencia: it will be lie afcourse,
but he is a realy stupid liar.
I hope that nobody will ever be taken by him.

Alkibiades

It's best to include more information on why
It is a person or a group of persons who are professional criminals, probable hackers and are activ in much technical forums, not only in photography forum here or on LL, for example in high-end music forum.
Sometimes they are new members and sometimes they just look for peaple who want to buy something.
I cant write you all here becouse of police investigation.
He use sometimes swedish but mostly german-spainish identity, stolen emailadresses, stolen german identity card that he send sometimes with a photo from him- But it is not him, this photo and this id card copy are stolen!, hacked paypal adress- yes, even this. In soem way he is clever but in other way very stupid.
Mostly he write he would be Geman citizan who live in Spain and talk with strong chinese accent.
how can you avoid him?
- very easy: he have no real knowlegde about photography and the items he offer.
- He mostly offers the items for very cheap prices and hope on greed of the people, so dont trust peaple who sale items to cheap and have no idea of this item. nobody on this planet have a large format lens or an alpa camera and dont know what it is or have much it cost.
- mostly he copy photos from internet of the lens that you look for and therefore thay have very low resolution and bad quality.
- he never write someting in a forum also and afcourse he was never dealing with one memeber of a forum.
I hope he will be captured before he will become more clever.
I hope I can help that nobody in this forum will loose his money.

Alkibiades

this scammer is now activ again on this forum under a new name!
it is a new member from November 2015.
As I though after my warning he change his startegy.
He just copy text of older offer and also the price- in this way he seems to become more trustfull.
important:
- never trust when the person you want to deal with send you a copy of a german identity card or photo with the person holding the identity card in his hand!
This will be the scammer 100 %!!!
This scammer is dangerous- he can use also stolen paypal accounts so even with paying with paypal you are not secure.

Last edited:

Bryan Stephens

Workshop Member
this scammer is now activ again on this forum under a new name!
it is a new member from November 2015.
As I though after my warning he change his startegy.
He just copy text of older offer and also the price- in this way he seems to become more trustfull.
important:
- never trust when the person you want to deal with send you a copy of a german identity card or photo with the person holding the identity card in his hand!
This will be the scammer 100 %!!!
This scammer is dangerous- he can use also stolen paypal accounts so even with paying with paypal you are not secure.
You should notify the moderators of the new account name.