The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

SOLD: Leica 35 f/1.4 Summilux pre-ASPH

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cindy Flood

Super Moderator
I am slimming down my gear and have decided to let this one go.
This is a late model German pre-ASPH black 35mm f/1.4 Summilux (serial 3538060). It works great on the M8 (some earlier 35 f/1.4 do not). I have the original 12504 hood and a generic cap to fit over it. Rear cap is also included. $1600 shipped in US. Paypal echeck or postal MO. Please add 3% for regular paypal.

maddoc

Cindy,

you have sold a 35mm Summilux pre-ASPH ?? :eek: I am sure you will miss this lens ... :( BTW, yours has a serial number close to mine (3538377) !

I forgot, this is my first post here !

Cheers,

Gabor

Cindy Flood

Super Moderator
Hi Gabor,
Welcome to the forum. Yes, I'm sure this is one I will regret, but it is going to a very good home.;)

kevin

I sold mine with no regrets. It's a piss-poor performer by any rational standard. I realize that that excludes most Leica owners, me included. :angel:

Cindy Flood

Super Moderator
I sold mine with no regrets. It's a piss-poor performer by any rational standard. I realize that that excludes most Leica owners, me included. :angel:
Kevin,
Maybe yours was a bad performer, but I was very happy with mine. I think if you will look at the photos that Irakly took with this lens (posted on this site) and Maddoc (posted on RFF), you will find that others are making fine photos with this lens.
I do not think it was necessary to write that. How would you feel if you were the new buyer and read that???

Bob

Administrator
Staff member
Kevin.
That was not nice and not called for.
Many excellent photos have been taken with lens. For some it is their favorite.
The 35 LUX asph had many more problems. I am happy now that mine are sorted out, but this sale was the pre-lux which has a very nice signature.
We like to keep it friendly around here.
-bob

Last edited:

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
I agree especially on a buy and sell section this could lose a sale or really make a buyer mad. Sorry uncalled for. These kinds of comments are more adept in the forum threads under the title of the lens being spoken about. Not on a buy and sell. Fair warning to all, not here because this is very unfair to the seller and any potential buyer.

Status
Not open for further replies.