The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

SOLD: Upgraded Chrome M8

Terry

I have two chrome M8's right now.

One is upgraded with shutter, framelines, vulcanite.
The other is not upgraded.

Both are in great shape with very low mileage. I'm not sure why the other chrome hasn't sold. The price is certainly competitive ($2600 with only a couple of thousand actuations).

If someone would like to buy the already upgraded one, send me a PM. $3700 delivered in CONUS (Box and all contents included).

The link to the other is here:

http://forum.getdpi.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4667

terry

p.s. Just to be clear I'm not selling both bodies. When one sells, I will be done. If someone wants the upgrades already complete it now is an option and I will simply upgrade the other when my name comes up on the list (which should be in the next few weeks).

Last edited:

woodyspedden

Re: FS: Upgraded Chrome M8

I have two chrome M8's right now.

One is upgraded with shutter, framelines, vulcanite.
The other is not upgraded.

Both are in great shape with very low mileage. I'm not sure why the other chrome hasn't sold. The price is certainly competitive ($2600 with only a couple of thousand actuations).

If someone would like to buy the already upgraded one, send me a PM. $3700 delivered in CONUS (Box and all contents included).

The link to the other is here:

http://forum.getdpi.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4667

terry

p.s. Just to be clear I'm not selling both bodies. When one sells, I will be done. If someone wants the upgrades already complete it now is an option and I will simply upgrade the other when my name comes up on the list (which should be in the next few weeks).

Terry

Do you have any photos of the upgraded unit? How would you describe the condition?

thanks

Woody

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor

She can bring it to Vegas for you Woody or ship to me to drive it up. Last I seen of her M8's they just sparkle.

charlesphoto

I can attest to that (I bought her black M8 recently). Man, I might have thought long and hard about this upgraded one if she was offering it then, as her ex-black one is going in for upgrade as it is. My other one is already a chrome though (and it's practically living in NJ these days) and I really wanted a black.

Terry

Hi Woody, the upgraded one is in pristine condition. It has very low actuations 4000 ish. I have the box and all of the goodies. I will post pics tonight.

I bought it figuring I would sell the others (I decided to have only one body along with a G1 and my D700) and get a leg up on the upgrade process. Bummer that the chrome one I have hasn't sold. Since my spot in line with Leica should be coming up very shortly, I figured I might as well see if someone wants one that is already upgraded and I'm not charging a premium for the upgrades.

Last edited:

helenhill

OK TERRY...
Making ME feel bad that i bought Bob's
seeing Your Chrome Beauty
and Bob hasn't even returned my Emails
from Yesterday and Today :( :shocked:

Best of luck to You
Hope I made a wise decision

Last edited:

Terry

Helen,
I see all your smiles etc. but there really shouldn't be any worries with Bob. The arrival of my flash from him was speeeeeeedy!

helenhill

No ,I'm not worried about receiving the M8
just receiving an answer to my Email ...thats all
:)

Bob

Administrator
Staff member

OK TERRY...
Making ME feel bad that i bought Bob's
seeing Your Chrome Beauty
and Bob hasn't even returned my Emails
from Yesterday and Today :( :shocked:

Best of luck to You
Hope I made a wise decision
Helen,
Sorry about the email delay.
Monday and Tuesdays are my busy days.
-bob

Terry

Sorry, I don't think either of them is leaving my hands in any deal before I do the firmware update on both bodies in the next few days!

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member

Uh, yeah. But then I'm not one to say --- ... nevermind...

:ROTFL:

Terry

Uh, yeah. But then I'm not one to say --- ... nevermind...

:ROTFL:
Wrong emoticon :lecture::lecture::lecture:

What is also interesting to me is the effect of the Luigi case on shutter feel and shutter noise. I already felt that the Luigi case dampened the sound/feel on my original M8 so it will be interesting for me to do a four way test. New and Old shutter in and out of the case.

cam

i would love to grab a G&T and watch this meticulous testing :ROTFL:

seriously, i do look forward to this. will you do it inside and outside as well?

Terry

i would love to grab a G&T and watch this meticulous testing :ROTFL:

seriously, i do look forward to this. will you do it inside and outside as well?
Trust me Cam this won't be meticulous. For me it is just simply going with what feels and sounds the best. I am certainly not going to analyze MP3 files. I will say there is some reason I always gravitated to the camera that was in the Luigi case.