The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

FS: Leica Elmar-M 3.8/24mm Asph. AS NEW

Manolo Laguillo

Hello. I'm selling my Leica Elmar-M 3.8/24mm Asph. because I don't use it: I prefer the 21mm and 28mm focal lengths.

The Elmar-M 24mm renders beautifully, it is one of the sharpest Leica lenses, with a very low geometric distortion. It's possible to employ the whole viewfinder window for framing: its angle of view coincides more or less with the 24mm.

This lens is in 'as new' state: I'm unable to spot any signs or abrasions. Everything works perfectly, smooth and easy, in the best Leica tradition. There are no marks on the glass, no fungus, no oil on the blades. It focused 100% with all my M bodies (M9, MM, M240) and focuses now equally spot on with my MM246. I am the first owner, and I don't smoke.

It comes with both caps, the sunshade with its plastic cap, and the leather pouch.

Price: 1600€ net to me (new price at the shop: around 2200/2300€)

Shipping, insurance, custom duties etc on behalf of the buyer.

Thank you for looking!

NB The small white spots on the surfaces are, obviously, dust spots.

Attachments

Last edited:

Manolo Laguillo

Folks, this is a really good exemplar of this particular lens design.
I'm selling it with remorse, but it stays unused since it was bought because I favor the 21 and 28, and that's a pity.
The price is a very good one, but I'm open to speak about that...