The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

FS: Leica Monochrom-M (CCD version) Black Chrome

wattsy

I am now fully committed to film use with my M system and have decided to sell my Monochrom. I bought this camera new in October 2012 and have used it often, though very carefully (as is my way), since then. The condition is very fine indeed – there are no scratches, nicks, gouges, dents or anything like that anywhere on the body. The only signs of wear are the natural black chrome "brassing" (a kind of faded black) around the edges. The LCD panel is flawless. The baseplate still has the plastic cover in place. The total number of actuations since new is approximately 14,500. The camera had the sensor replaced in Wetzlar in March 2015 (it would have also undergone a proper CLA by Leica at the same time) and has been used on only very few occasions since then. The rangefinder is perfect with my lenses and it functions beautifully.

I am selling the camera with all it's original accessories, boxes, paperwork and Adobe Lightroom software (I have not used the supplied TAN). The black leather strap was only used once or twice and is in like-new condition. The battery is an original Leica one and was purchased in 2014.

I'm asking GBP 2,795 plus insured shipping cost. Payment by bank transfer or cheque (latter is UK only). Happy to ship worldwide (with one or two exceptions).

I have an eBay rating of 100% (username 'mobilefish') and have sold Leica gear a few times here and many times on the LUF classifieds (I have been an active member of that forum since 2003).

Attachments

Last edited:

wattsy

Bump.

Worth noting that I am VAT registered and if you are outside the EU (or VAT registered inside the EU) the price you pay is net of VAT – i.e. GBP 2,329 (approx USD 3,250).

wattsy

A reminder that, if buying from outside the EU, my asking price translates to around $3,000. The CCD Monochrom is a modern classic – if I wasn't committed to film, I'd snap it up myself at this price.:D

fotografz

Personally, I think you are going to regret selling this, and if did not already have one I be all over your's in a NY heartbeat.:ROTFL:

- Marc