The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

SOLD: Nikon 200/2.0 VR (and TC2)

The best nikkor I have ever used, but my days of sport and nature shooting are over, and it's not getting used. In fact, it was used far too little in the 3 years I've owned it. I'm the original owner, bought from Robert's Imaging, all original components and box included. It is absolutely mint condition except for a scratch on the bottom of the footplate from a monopod. A steal at $3300 plus shipping and paypal fee if paypal is used. I also highly recommend getting my TC2 tele-converter, it mates exceptionally well to this lens, actually with better IQ than the 1.7, delivering a superb hand holdable 400/4 VR that retains fast AF. Will sell the package for $3600, unless I come to my senses.

best....Peter

fotografz

Re: Nikon 200/2.0 VR (and TC2)

Grrrrr ... when I wanted this lens not one was available used.

I agree, one of the best Nikon lenses there is. Big, but just add a Arca type grip handle and it's a whole new ballgame.

Does the TC2 maintain AFS and VR? If so, how much for it alone?

Well, not too many owners are stupid enough to sell their 200/2. Yes it absolutely retains AF-S and VR with the TC2, and the AF remains remarkably fast. I can show you a sequence made with this combo of a fast running dog that demonstrates what I mean. I'm hesitant to sell it alone as if I end up keeping the 200/2 I will have to come to Michigan and steal it back. If someone buys the lens only, then I'd ask $375 for the TC. best...Peter

Hi again - Just saw your listings and I might be interested in swapping the TC + cash for your Zeiss 25/2.8.

fotografz

Well, not too many owners are stupid enough to sell their 200/2. Yes it absolutely retains AF-S and VR with the TC2, and the AF remains remarkably fast. I can show you a sequence made with this combo of a fast running dog that demonstrates what I mean. I'm hesitant to sell it alone as if I end up keeping the 200/2 I will have to come to Michigan and steal it back. If someone buys the lens only, then I'd ask $375 for the TC. best...Peter
I have the 1.4X already, so the 2X would just extend the reach when needed. 400/4 AFS/VR ain't bad :thumbup:

If you decide to sell the 2X separately let me know.

Thanks,

-Marc

(Just my opinion, but in the words of Ben Franklin; "A fool and his 200/2 VR are soon parted" ... :ROTFL: Unless, of course one needs the money, which these days is a real possibility :( )

Lloyd

I bought one of the first 200/2s to hit the market, and paid dearly ($5K). It truly is (was) a remarkable lens. I sold it to fund my M8 etc., purchase, and while I have no regrets about buying the M8, I sincerely regret having sold the 220/2.

Been thinking about selling my Nocti in order to buy one.