The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

FS:Leica M9-P Silver Pristine

Moonshine

Selling my Leica M9-P which I have handled with the utmost care. Not a single mark anywhere. Comes with everything like new, box, papers, charger etc. And an extra Leica battery too. Will throw in the chrome Thumbs Up with box. Original sensor, no issues whatsoever. I'm the second owner of this camera as I bought it from a senior member here. Asking $3600. The Summilux asph 50mm will be listed separately but if you want to buy both items let me know. Am located in Houston, TX, if anyone is interested in a local sale.

In the sale:
1. M9-P
2.Thumbs Up Silver
3. Extra Leica battery

Thanks

Attachments

Last edited:

SevereGAS

I made the purchase based on the description the seller provided for something not in the pictures or in FS description - a much later SN, perfect sensor condition without corrosion, lower shutter count, etc. So I received the camera - It is a much older SN and sensor has very visible corrosion, even before I get to test further. I informed the seller of those discrepancies, but the communication with the seller was unpleasant and I was accused being an unreasonable buyer, nitpicking and all that.

I am not really a new forum member and have had numerous FS transactions in the past with most pleasant experiences with some of the members here. Because of the computer and account issue I later changed my account. This is the first unpleasant experience I have had here.

Buyer be aware.

Sounds like classic bait-and-switch? You might post more details, for example the serial number and shutter count discrepancies, as evidence. With that info the seller should be booted off the forum, but that doesn't seem like enough. Connections with muscle in Houston? :cool:

Kirk

SevereGAS

Sounds like classic bait-and-switch? You might post more details, for example the serial number and shutter count discrepancies, as evidence. With that info the seller should be booted off the forum, but that doesn't seem like enough. Connections with muscle in Houston? :cool:

Kirk
Thanks for the post and asking. This seller received some not-so-flattering feedback on Fredmiranda site as a seller so I was cautious and asked detailed questions, as well as for additional pictures. The major discrepancies are summarized as follows:

(1) This seller indicated the Serial No starting 439. It turns out to be 3971241.
(2) This seller wrote that "The shutter count is around 4000. I'm estimating since I bought it and it's pretty good estimate! Haven't used it much though". Through another senior pro member's kind help, I got to confirm that the last shutter count in the seller's possession is 13419, not 4000 or anywhere close.
(3) One important aspect I wanted to confirm is the sensor condition, especially at f8~f16, and I indicated to this seller how to look for sign of corrosion for confirmation. This seller assured me more than once that the sensor is in perfect condition and he/she did not see any sensor corrosion at those aperture. As it turns out, the sensor has some very visible corrosion spots, even visible at aperture wide open (f2.5) with 35mm f2.5 Summarit, not to mention very visible at f8~f16 (with or without enlargement) in my initial testing.

When I informed the seller, the seller completely denied it and refused any resolution, saying he/she didn't know what Serial No is, sensor is perfect, why so nitpicking when I did not overpay, told me to sell it to others to recoup the money, etc. There is no need to detail those unpleasant messages here, as those were most upsetting. I will take action to get the money back and hopefully get the seller booted off the forum.

Last edited:

mewanchuk

I am sorry to hear--I was very close to pulling the trigger on this; I feel badly for you that you have to go through the headache.

Make sure you keep all correspondence--even text messages. Paypal will review it all if you've used them. (If you use an iphone, there is even a program that will download your entire conversation off the phone, and save it in PDF file...)

It is sad when people do not conduct themselves with the same sort of integrity that we ourselves would.

To the seller: you really should do the right thing, and stand by your sale.

Good luck.

SevereGAS

I am sorry to hear--I was very close to pulling the trigger on this; I feel badly for you that you have to go through the headache.

Make sure you keep all correspondence--even text messages. Paypal will review it all if you've used them. (If you use an iphone, there is even a program that will download your entire conversation off the phone, and save it in PDF file...)

It is sad when people do not conduct themselves with the same sort of integrity that we ourselves would.

To the seller: you really should do the right thing, and stand by your sale.

Good luck.
It's good to learn that it's possible to download the texting off the phone since that's what the seller used mostly during the transaction. Thanks for your advice (same for Kirk's and that very helpful pro member who corresponded privately). I will inform the administrator. I paid via Paypal using a particular credit card which is very good at handling this kind of situation so I stay hopeful.

All of my purchases on this forum in the past several years have been most pleasant. I also had pleasure corresponding with some of the most helpful members. This event is infuriating and I don't wish others to ever have to go through something similar.

Last edited:

Moonshine

Copy and pasted in box message

1) The serial number discrepancy is a misunderstanding. I sent u a pic of the bottom of the box assuming one of them was the serial number. Had you told me that is not where it is and where it actually is i would have sent you that too. Turns out neither knew where to find the serial number.

2) The sensor to my knowledge was totally fine and i still believe it is. All my pictures from flickr taken with this camera were available to you to go through and dissect what ever way you wanted to. The pictures are all labelled as to which camera they were taken with so there is no question of not knowing which pic and which corresponding camera. I'm sure you went through everything there. I'm not aware of any method to hide sensor corrosion in photographs. There simply isn't any to my knowledge as i clearly stated to you.

3) I approximated the shutter count based on the previous sellers number. I have used the camera sparingly as you can make out from the exterior. I clearly told you I do not know how to look up the shutter count and am approximating it based on my usage which has been not much at all. You should have said that based on an approximation you can not buy the camera and that you needed an exact shutter count. Me not knowing how to figure that out, automatically this sale would have not taken place.

Again I stress- I am a hobbyist and not a professional photographer. What ever i knew i told you.

Moonshine

The seller also has another item for sale now, a lens. Hope you can inform administrators before someone else is cheated.

K
Nobody will be cheated rest assured. I have bought and sold many times times on this forum and no one has ever accused me of the stuff this gentleman has, Mr Ta Chen. Have never come across a buyer like him before. In addition to the pics provided he asked for 13 more which I sent him. I bought this camera from Dave a member here who sold this camera to me in great condition and i have kept it in the same. Very sad it has come to this.

Moonshine

Kirk
No connections here at all. No need to boot me out. I will leave myself if this goes on.
Thank you

Moonshine

The seller also has another item for sale now, a lens. Hope you can inform administrators before someone else is cheated.

K
That lens is now sold after this camera was. I'm sure you can check with the buyer Ryan that there was no problems in the sale and everything was as described. I stress I am not a cheat as I'm being accused of. This gentleman is my first horrible experience.