The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

New Batis 25mm

Wayne Fox

Workshop Member
I have a new Batis 25mm in box, all I did was take it out of the box and shoot a few test shots (it’s sharp). Decided my 16-35 is good enough since the Sony system is my backup to my backup, and am upgrading to the IQ3 100 so looking to sell some gear to finance the new back.

I think they are still hard to come by.

$1299, including ground shipping to any U.S. address.

Wayne Fox

Workshop Member
Here’s a quick iPhone shot of the lens ... only been out of the plastic twice to shoot some tests. Very sharp, just doesn’t give me enough over my 16-35 ... my sony system is only for scouting and backup, or tough hikes where I need a light pack. So I’ve moved away from primes and only carry 3 lenses. If it were my main system this lens would definitely be in the bag.

sidd

(off topic, but curious - loved the images in your gallery).
What do you use as a main system?