The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

FS: RBL (Really Big Lens) Rodenstock Grandagon 200mm MC f6.8

cunim

While my large format work has tailed off, I have kept this lens just because it is so ... different. The Grandagon 200 retailed for somewhere in the high $4K range when new. That price meant that very few were sold and they are rare today. This one was bought by a photographer who passed it to his son (also a photographer) and I bought it from him a few years ago.

This is the later, multicoated version of this lens. Original box and caps, mounted on Sinar board. On the whole, in excellent but not perfect condition. There is a fine scratch about 2mm long on the front surface of the rear element. I have twiddled the attached picture to accentuate it. Zero effect on image quality but it is there. Some scuff marks on the leather caps. Also, I find the interior lens coatings very hard to clean to a completely even surface. Front lens no problem.

Covers 8 x 10 and larger. Shutter seems fine, lens is clear and bright, no fungus or separation. Makes your Rodie 32 look like a kit lens.

Hard to value it as it comes up so infrequently. Let's try US$2500 + shipping from Canada.

Attachments