The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

For Sale!

V

Vivek

IMPORTANT! If these do not sell in the next few weeks, they may never be available ever again!

Numerous photo related gear too long to list.

There is a 75mm Linhoff select Biogon, Leica MM, Sony RX1R II and such, to name a very few.

As many of you may know, I had been through a tough time, medically in the recent months. Although I am recovering quite well, I am at a stage that I have to let go of almost all of my photo gear (it is literally a huge room full! I can confidently state that no one here has this much gear! :eek:).

I will list (with pics) in the coming days.

Do not hesitate to make an offer. This could be your lucky find! If you don't need any please help spread the word that they are available for purchase.

I am in the Hague, The Netherlands. It is particularly an attractive offer for those in the EU. Bank transfer preferred. Shipping is extra.

Do not miss this opportunity!

Edit- A sampler:

Zeiss Luminars 16, 25, 40 and 63. All these except the 16mm are also eminently usable for near UV photography being triplets (40mm,63mm) or tessar (25mm). Also, all are high res lenses with resolutions at their recommended magnifications topping 200 lp/mm.

No issues with any of them. Brilliant macro lenses. All in RMS mount. 200 Euros each (all net)

If someone buys them as a set, I will offer them the 100/6.3 with an adapter for only 100 Euros (this samples has a pin prick on both the front and back and also has slight fungus- cleanable inside)

Macro Nikkor 35/4.5

Nice clean sample. RMS mount in a keeper.
500 Euros. Superb high resolution high magnification macro lens.

Rare Esoteric microlithographic lenses (together 2000 Euros/net):

Ultra Micro Nikkor 55/2 (m39 mount, resolution >500 lp/mm): Nice clean sample with caps. No box or certificates.

Untitled by Vivek Iyer, on Flickr

Zeiss S-Planar 25mm f/1.6 (resolution >1000 lp/mm, m39 mount)

Leica MM (18mp)
:

Bought via an US dealer. No corrosion. Low mileage (<10 k actuations) in great shape. Come with the box and everything that came with it plus an extra OEM battery. No lens is included but a hotshoe cover will be. 3200 Euros. No I have not lost my mind.
:)

Sony RX1R II (42mp with built in EVF)

My current work horse. <5k actuations. Never been used for video. All the stuff that came with it in its box plus the Metro case plus the strap plus 6 extra batteries plus a (aftermarket) charger for the battery plus that filter (works the best). 3100 Euros.

Leica lenses Summarit 35/2.5 and Apo Summicron 75/2

Both boxed and with caps and all the stuff that came with them in their original boxes. Both 6 bit, near mint. I am the second owner. No hood for the rit. The 'cron comes with a built in hood.

800 Euros for the Summarit and 1700 Euros for the AA Cron.

Rarer than Hen's teeth and possibly the only one you would ever find for sale (rumored total production is 2)!

Carl Zeiss UV-Planar 62/2

Museum piece! 10,000 Euros. Personal pick up with cash transaction preferred.

Buyer will get more information (whatever I have). It has 67mm filter thread and 67mm mounting thread. It is a Quartz-Fluorite lens corrected from 250nm to 900nm.

Last edited:

docmoore

Subscriber and Workshop Member
Hi Vivek,

Less is more ... always!

When we appreciate the gift we have the ephemerata seem less important.

Posit: Should all be away please use your phone to grace us with your presence and wit. Otherwise our
collective loss.

Be well and you are in our prayers.

Warm regards,

Bob

V

Vivek

I am adding a few more today.

First, the so called "dream lens" 50/0.95. FWIW, I am the first one to get one converted for M mount after Epson RD1 appeared and showed that it does great. Kevin Li did the conversion and is not pretty. The RF is spot on.
It has a hair line scratch (shown in an exaggerated fashion in one picture) in the front and may be even smaller one in the rear. There is a few dust inside. Comes with a metal front screw cap, rear cap and a short hood (not shown and not canon original). Only 1200 Euros. That is a lot less than what it cost me.

A modern Leica Photar (RMS mount) 50/4. Super condition. 250 Euros.

RARE CHANCE!

Ancient (from 1920s thereabouts?) uncoated Carl Zeiss Planar lenses. These were made for very high magnification (macro) work. It is possible to adapt them to use ( I have done that) on mirrorless cams with infinity focus as well.
All are in decent shape. One comes with both original caps. 1600 Euros (check ebay for the price of one lens).

f6cvalkyrie

Sad to hear that you have gone through some health trouble, Vivek.
I hope you're well now, and that your full recovery be very soon !

I wish you good fortune with your selling ! I'm keeping an eye on this, although I have recovered from GAS :)

CU,
Rafael

V

Vivek

Here is a snap of the Biogon.

The front is fine. The rear may have small areas of coating damage. The shutter needs to overhauled. Very sharp lens!

1100 Euros.

Have you seen anything like this?
A lens for Ultra large format photography. UHR stands for Ultra High Resolution.

It is a bit heavy ( ~10.5Kgs). 1500 Euros.

Remember: You can always make an offer on any of these. While I want to sell them quickly within a few weeks (after that everything stops and off the table!). I also do not want complicated deals

Last edited:
V

Vivek

Adding "full spectrum" converted Panasonic G1 (€200) and Panasonic GH2 (€350).

One can do HD video in Ultraviolet with the FS GH2!

I'm especially concerned to see 'My current work horse' for sale. I've enjoyed the many recent images you've made with it and am distressed to see you giving it up. I want to see you out and about with a 'work horse' again!

Kirk

V

Vivek

I'm especially concerned to see 'My current work horse' for sale. I've enjoyed the many recent images you've made with it and am distressed to see you giving it up. I want to see you out and about with a 'work horse' again!

Kirk
Kirk, Would it make you feel better if I showed a picture of my film cams and pretty much a life time supply of b/w film (for example)? :)

An RX1R II snap from a few days ago.

To All:

BUY this camera and you can make even better snaps.

D&A

Vivik, your photographic knowledge, especially experience with classic optics ( of which have always been a facination for me), is an inspiration to us all. Looking forward to future contributions of yours at a time when hopefully all is well and at a better time. Wish you well!

Dave (D&A)

V

Vivek

Vivik, your photographic knowledge, especially experience with classic optics ( of which have always been a facination for me), is an inspiration to us all. Looking forward to future contributions of yours at a time when hopefully all is well and at a better time. Wish you well!

Dave (D&A)
Thanks. :)

That reminds me..

Couple of books.

Sydney Ray, Applied Photographic Optics 3rd edn, hard bound, focal press. 125 Euros.

Yousuf Karsh, PORTRAITS OF THE GREATNESS, the desirable edition, printed in the Netherlands. Dust cover.

Based on the condition (ask me for pics if interested) 500 Euros.

V

Vivek

Apo Summicron is sold pending payment. Congrats to the future owner! It is truly a spectacular sample!

The buyer of the Ultramicronikkor + S-Planar (€2,000) will also get an S-Tessar 75/4.5 (it is a high res copy lens) as a free gift.

I add one item for sale (will add pics later).

Repro Nikkor 85/1.

It is a relay lens with 53mm external threads on both the ends. About 200 made.

This particular sample has NIC (Nikon Integrated Coating). The only sample that I know of that has it. I have handled a few other samples in the past and they all have single coating.

€1800.

Edit- Pics added:

(It comes with a custom made Nikon F to 53mm adapter. The wooden box is generic.)

More pics in my gallery.

Printing Nikkor 150/2.8 by request. This is the later "A" type. Optics are flawless. Aperture works flawlessly.
No caps or the original cardboard box. Will give a copy of the specs from Nikon.

More pics in my gallery.

Apo El-Nikkor 105/5.6. Not a collectable sample. Glass without issue. Last version with fluorite elements. Superb lens. 2000Euros. Works fantastically for UV captures as well! Will sell it with a focus helicoid adapter that allows infinity to 1m on a Sony E camera. It is possible to use this lens on medium format and other platforms as well.

A sample:

Last edited:
V

Vivek

More on the offer..

Nikkor-O 55/1.2
. This sample with red M 1/5 is 800Euros. I have two more (identical except that engraving) that are 425Euros each. They can be mounted (with infinity focus) for Leica M mount. Wide open they are "dreamy" by f/4 they sharpen. Aperture only does down to f/8 though.

APO Macro Componons 40/2.8 and 60/4.
Unused. 350Euro for the 40/2.8 and 600 Euros for the 60/4. Both are in Schneider V mount (their M39 mount can be purchased separately and switched if needed). Both are very very sharp lenses. I use them on many platforms.

Macro Nikkor 12cm f/6.3. High resolution macro lens. M39. 450 Euros.

Macro Nikkor 65mm f/4.5
. High resolution macro lens. M39. 600 Euros.

Michiel Schierbeek

What a special collection of equipment Vivek. It is good to let thing go now and then.
I hope you get all the funds you need.

Are you keeping one digital camera?

All the best, Michiel

V

Vivek

What a special collection of equipment Vivek. It is good to let thing go now and then.
I hope you get all the funds you need.

Are you keeping one digital camera?

All the best, Michiel
Michiel, Likely, I will buy an iPhone. I still have my A7r and A7s.

My A7UV (one of its kind dedicated UV cam) and all my UV gear (includes an UV-Nikkor 105/4.5 many other UV lenses and a multitude of UV capable lenses, filters, reflectance standards, modified flashes, etc, etc and the whole work, each a large cardboard box full) is all for sale for paltry 12,000 Euros. Personal pick up and cash payment is preferred. Bring a small truck.

This Som-Berthiot Cinor 25/0.95 (c-mount, focus mech needs a fix, boxed with front cap) is also for sale (400 Euros).

V

Vivek

Pay attention to what i said earlier in this post. Few weeks and then everything is off the table for good!

V

Vivek

In a few days, I will figure out how long I would like to offer these and start a count down. :)