The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

SOLD: 17 different Zeiss C/Y prime lenses

Grayhand

After buying my RZ Pro ll And a bag full of lenses I suddenly stopped using my Zeiss C/Y prime lenses. And they have been on the shelf for almost a year now. So it is time to let go :cry:
You don´t have to add many before you have a very good collection!
They are in condition from very good to as new.
I am interested in trading my stuff for your stuff.
The ideal thing would of course be that somebody took it all, but it is of course possible to split the loot.

What am I looking for?

Mamiya 7 (maybe 6) and lenses
A Jobo system that takes 4x5 film.
A tele lens that fit my Chamonix 4x5, mabey some kind of convertible 300 mm something/ 500-600 mm something.
Interested in a scan back for my Chamonix/Sinar F 4x5.
Maybe a Canon 16-35L ll?

Or it there is some thing else you think I need?
Sorry, but I already have a G10 :salute:

If Notting else helps, you could always try money!
But I am not primarily interested in cash, prefer trade!
For the loot?
5 900 USD

The following lenses is included in this offer: (As they stand in the picture).

300/4.0, 180/2.8, 135/2.8, 135/2.0,W,N, 100/3.5,N, 100/2.0,

85/1.4, 85/2.8,W, 50/1.7, 50/1.4,N, 35/2.8,N, 35/1.4,W,

28/2.8N, 28/2.0,W,N, 25/2.8W, 21/2.8, 16/2.8W,N,

50/1.4,N,Gold, 50/1.4,Silver, 50/1.4,

N=Ninja, W=West Germany

Ray

robmac

Re: FS: 17 different Zeiss C/Y prime lenses

Whoa momma...

Try also listing over at FredMiranda (if haven't already) -- the alternate users over there will whittle this down PDQ.

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor

Looks like a Zeiss bank vault here. Good luck on your sale. Lots of very nice glass here

kevinparis

a stunning collection ... too rich for me to swallow in one bite... or indeed a lot of bites :)

good luck...

as an aside it does illustrate very clearly how getting fast wide lenses add to the bulk of a lens... look at the 35's and 28's

cheers

K

Rethmeier

A couple of years ago,people were paying $4500 USD for the 21 only.
$5900 seems a bargain to me!
Willem.

kevinparis

A couple of years ago people thought banks were a safe place to keep money :)

PeterA

Can someone tell me whatteh C/Y mounts to in camera bodies..?

Grayhand

Sorry for not being totally clear.

All lenses Is made for the Zeiss Contax-Yashica series of camera. They fit Canon with adapters. There is problem with the mirror on 5D with some lenses as described in different forums. I have only used them on a 20D, 1 DS and a 1DS ll with out problems.

Almost all have an adapter mounted for use on Canon. Many have an old version of focusing chip, some with custom set aperture value. The adapters are manually adjusted with regard to thickness to fit my camera and preferred distance (mostly infinity). So I am not officially selling the lenses with the adapters :cool:
The old focusing chip is a bit large, so you have to remove them before you can remove the adapter. They are glued so it is easy to remove them.

Ninja means that the aperture opening at 1 ore 2 of the widest opening have a shape that´s looks a bit like a Ninja throwing star, hence the name. By some conesure´s it is described as producing a bit better bokhe. It is a matter of taste.

One reason for the low price is the interesting drop of the value in the Swedish currency :cry:

I have received some questions about trade for other manually focusing lenses on Canon. But I will use my Canon when I need auto focus and there is no time for manually work flow. If manually I will go for for my Mamyia RZ and P45 or film/Polaroid(Fuji). So only “auto-lenses” for trade.

Regarding questions on the matter of selling separate pieces of the collection: I will wait a little before that but all question will be handled in regard to place in queue :thumbup:

Ray

Grayhand

(Sold) FS: 17 different Zeiss C/Y prime lenses

I have to inform you that the complete loot is sold!
Thanks for your interest in this collection.

Ray

Erik Five

Someone will have a lot of new lenses to fondle soon. Wish it was me ;)