The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

FS: Alpa SWA + 35mm + 55mm + center filter

epforever

Selling my near-mint Alpa gear as a kit:

1) SWA camera with black rosewood handles. I’m also including the Linhof quickfix baseplate with aligning pins made for the SWA, and a Really Right Stuff B22 baseplate with a flange that keeps it aligned on the camera. The camera is in gorgeous condition, and I think it’s much sexier than the natural-wood handles. The only marks I can see, besides tiny ones where you mount the back adapter, are a small indentation (~1cm long) on the left handle, a miniscule spot on the right handle, and some brassing on the bottom baseplate-mount area. This is the most handholdable camera I’ve ever used. It’s light and perfectly balanced. You get handheld shift with both film and digital.

2) Alpa Schneider 35mm f/5.6 Apo-Digitar XL lens, with gold Alpa shutter release, original box, caps and pouch. The lens is in perfect shape, except of course for tiny marks where the mounting plate attaches to the camera body.

3) Alpa Alpar / Rodenstock 55mm f/4.5 Apo-Sironar Digital lens, with HPF ring (in feet), gold Alpa shutter release, original box and caps. Again, perfect shape except for tiny marks where the mounting plate attaches to the camera body.

4) Schneider IIf center filter for the 35mm digitar, with cap and pouch. Perfect condition.

I am reluctant to sell, but we have too many house expenses right now. It has been a dream kit for both digital (H5D50) and film. Both lenses are very sharp when stopped down. On a 37x49 sensor, they’re both surprisingly sharp at f/5.6 as well. Both have nearly zero distortion.

The 55mm also offers a 125mm image circle, making it nicely usable with film. On a 6x7 film back it’s equivalent to a 28mm (in 35mm terms). Get yourself a laser distance finder, and you have an extremely accurate-focusing, portable medium format camera with shift. You can read more about the lens here:
http://www.getdpi.com/forum/medium-...rodenstock-55mm-f4-5-apo-sironar-digital.html

Price: $8200 plus shipping and PayPal fees.
PM or email me: [email protected]

More photos at Ethan Pines Photography

Attachments