The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Phase One Achromatic+ Mamiya mount

gerald.d

Hi all -

Reluctantly for sale is my Phase One Achromatic+ digital back. Note - this is the P45+ Achromatic, NOT the IQ260 Achromatic.

My photography interests have moved on since I bought this, and so it's just sitting on the shelf these days. Might as well try to find a good home for it. Purchased second hand from DDI in the UK in March 2014.

If you are at all interested in buying this, you will of course already know all about it, so I won't waste my or your time explaining what it is.

Shot count is 3774, serial number EP0002xx. Firmware 5.1.2. Back is in near mint condition cosmetically.

I've just done a few test shots with it (I've not used it for ages), and it is working flawlessly.

Back and I are in Dubai.

Asking price is US$15,000, including worldwide shipping by DHL. Payment by bank wire.

Kind regards,

Gerald.

algrove

Any idea what the cost would be to convert to XF mount since not familiar with mamiya mount.

GrahamWelland

Subscriber & Workshop Member
XF mount? Phase/Mamiya mount are the same!

ken
Well, yes they are, but the Achromatic+ is a P series back and hence incompatible with the XF body today, even if fits.

GLWS - wish I had the spare cash sitting around for this as you practically never see them on the used market!

kdphotography

Graham, you obviously gave acquisition of this Achromatic+ MFDB more serious thought than me. :ROTFL:

Very tempting, rare opportunity--- I've produced some really really nice B&W prints from Phase Achromatic MFDB files on the K7 printer :thumbs:

And from a trusted GetDPI family member too.... GLWS

ken

gerald.d

You don't need an XF for this guys. Works beautifully on an ALPA. Or even an Phase One AF :)

Happy to include the AF if it helps sweeten the deal...

Kind regards,

Gerald.

algrove

Gerald
I see a guy on your thread has expressed interest in this item and since I cannot commit soon you had better get it while its hot. Thanks for everything.

gerald.d

Hi all -

Just to explain the compatibility of this back with the different Phase One cameras, and those cameras compatibility with lenses...

Blue ring lenses not compatible with the AF
P45+ not compatible with the XF
DF/DF+ bodies compatible with both the P45+ and the blue ring lenses

Hope that makes sense!

Of course, it also works very nicely with tech cams...

Kind regards,

Gerald.

gerald.d

Bump!

A little incentive - if this back sells before the end of January, I will include at no extra charge four Heliopan Infrared 780 filters in the following thread sizes -

58mm, 67mm, 72mm and 77mm.

That's a little over a grand's worth!

These are the filters that block almost all visible light and just pass IR.

I went for a little wander with the back and my Phase AF with the Mamiya 50mm Shift lens a couple of weeks ago. Here are a few more sample shots...

Kind regards,

Gerald!

gerald.d

BUMP!

Ok. New month, new incentive.

If this sells before February 21st, I will make a $500 donation to the forum coffers from the sale proceeds :)

Kind regards,

Gerald.

gerald.d

Bit of a delay in formally closing this as there we (buyer and I) faced some technical challenges.

Happy to report that those are now resolved, and I believe buyer is happy with the purchase.

As promised, a $500 donation from the sale proceeds has been made to the forum coffers.

Kind regards,

Gerald.