The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Black, Late Serial Leica M5 with Sherry Krauter CLA

The day I didn't think would come has come. I've basically moved all of my project and personal work onto my Hasselblad set up and I need to free up some funds by lessening my investment in 35mm.

This is my favorite Leica of all time. It's a beautiful black late model Leica M5 two-lug. It was fully overhauled by Sherry Krauter in October of 2016 and has been used sparingly since I got the Hasselblad around that time. She made this camera sing. She also changed the voltage so it runs on a common 1.5v battery.

This camera also has a fun history. When Leica started having trouble selling the M5, they offered them to pros at a steep discount just to have them in people's hands. The catch was, Leica professionally engraved the bodies so they couldn't just turn around and sell them. This one belonged to a J.L. Mauer.

This camera is ready to go. I'll include a cheap Nikon strap, soft release, and front body cap with the sale.

$1000 OBO shipped to CONUS. With the CLA, I'm taking a decent hit on this.

_DSF4632edit.jpg

_DSF4656.jpg

_DSF4661.jpg