The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

FS - NW UK: Epson 9900 - Only 300 sheets passed through; lots of ink left

andrewfphoto

I bought the printer new for an exhibition project which I completed a few years ago, with the intention of then printing commercially, but due to a mixture of illness and lack of inspiration, I never got to use it in that way - in fact hardly at all.

It's with great regret that I have to sell and know I will recoup less than half of the original outlay (far more if inks are added into the equation). It's really too good and too big to have sat round just pumping ink through on periodic head cleaning cycles - this is what the majority of the ink usage from these carts is from. I have a great paranoia about not doing this regularly and it seems to have paid off.

If you are serious about purchasing one of these, then you will be aware of the physical size of them. It is feasible to move the top part with two (very strong) people, myself and a friend have done it, but it is much easier/safer to do with three or even four. It's the positioning of the top unit on the legs that is the hardest part - there are a few lugs which it has to drop into and this is somewhat taxing. though only needs to be done once (hopefully!).

I have moved it once in the back of my Seat Alhambra with Seats removed and it fitted easily, with the legs stood next to it, so it is transportable without a huge box-van.

For some reason I haven't done a photo of the light magenta level but I think it is the same as the vivid magenta in terms of percentage.
Each percent on the scale represents just over a pounds (£) of ink, so the current levels represent around £600 - unlike smaller A3 style printers, these carts are huge and last phenomenally well.

I will include in the sale a 40 inch Rotatrim rotary trimmer and a few odds and ends of paper from Canson (Baryta Photographique and Rag A2 size) and Permajet A4 test packs (half a dozen or so).
Anything I've missed out or you wish to ask, please contact me here and I'll do my best to help.

See the video here of it in use:- https://youtu.be/qhBrwpeTRPY

Nozzle check printout video here:- https://youtu.be/ZE_436TrNSw

I am looking for £2750 OVNO which represents far less than half price (including the remaining inks)

CASH ON COLLECTION PREFERRED.

ADVERTISED ELSEWHERE SO MAY DISAPPEAR FROM HERE.

Thanks for looking,

Andrew