The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

FS: Minolta 58mm f/1.2 Rokkor EOS Converted

wjlapier

I have a Minolta Rokkor 58/1.2 lens converted to EOS I like to sell. The lens was sent to Jim Buchanan and he installed his conversion kit and adjusted for infinity. The lens body and glass are in excellent condition. No fungus on glass, or oil on the blades. I don't have a Canon camera anymore, and I have my f-mount version, so the EOS one goes. I will accept a return if the lens doesn't meet the expectations of the buyer in regard to infinity focus, or sharpness wide open. I never thought to check infinity focus as I wasn't planning on using the lens for landscape, but I did use the lens wide open and did take some pictures with it closer up stopped down and the lens is sharp. Original Minolta front cap and EOS rear cap included. Price is $550 shipped and paypal'd. Thes are the two pics I have of the lens for now.

robmac

I had a JB-converted late model (lens on left) Rokkor. Very nice lens. old school- all metal, smooth. The JB machining is SOLID - mounts like I wish many EoS lenses did. The 58/1.2 is surprisingly sharp WO and razor sharp as you stop down. Very natural color.

The Alternate Forum on FM has many LONG discussions of the lens and samples among various threads.

drazin

i was thinking about adding this lens to shoot concerts and other very low light situations and i would mostly shoot wide open. is this a good choice for this style?

wjlapier

A couple of shots from my G1 and an adapter. I must have deleted the other stuff I shot when I had the XSi. Both at 1.2.

wjlapier

wow--my lens was on the second page.

Lower price I guess..

$500 shipped and paypal'd. Any lower and it sits in the file cabinet for posterity--my kids will sell it :eek: