The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

SOLD: Black M3 Single Stroke (Shintaro Painted), $1400

Hacker

Black M3 painted by Shintaro and CLA'ed recently. Camera leather changed to premium black lizard and internal frame lever spring just replaced (feels perfect and taut). Buddha/Dog ears. This camera will brass nicely.

!!!CAMERA ONLY FOR SALE!!!

Link is HERE.

"My name is Shintaro Yaginuma. I'm a professional photografer.
Also I do paint cameras.

I need to use black leica for work,but it is too expensive to use.I know M4-2,M4-P or M6 are not so expensive.But It is little bit risky to change the camera for me.

It sounds like professional.However real story is

"When I was high school student,I went to used camera shop everyday to see Leicas. I knew black M is so nice.But It is impossible to get.

Finally I bought a used M2 at the day when Hirohito die.It was fine camera.But I still dream about Black M. I saved money then I bought M4 Black Chrome.

I was so happy!Looks like my dream came true.However day by day it became close to silver.Then I dream about black painted M again.Then I decide to paint camera. Repaint service wasn't popular when I wanted."

My first painting wasn't M3,it was lg.My lg wasn't good condition,and it was flat enough to take off chrome by sand paper.I bought a can of baking enamel paint.And I used oven to bake. My first painting wasn't so good.Because it smells like pizza! I don't use oven now.Also I don't use sand paper to off chrome.I also made rapid winder by my self.

mail to [email protected]"

Last edited:

fbf

Re: FS: Black M3 Single Stroke (Shintaro Painted), $1400

wow, i am speechless...
I feel the rush to low-ball you :D
Best paint job ever on leica-M

P

pix2pixels

Great job!
The only odd numbered Leica worth having is the M3 and in black is even more appealing. Looks like black is the new black. ;)

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member

It is gorgeous!

monza

Shintaro painted this camera for me in 2000, it is superb. Good luck with the sale, Stephen. :)

Hacker

Camera sold! Thanks to all who showed interest. I will have one more black paint M3 for sale soon.