The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

SOLD: Western Digital VelociRaptor WD3000HLFS 300GB 10000 RPM 16MB Cache

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
Morning I have for a MacPro 2 Western Digital VelociRaptor WD3000HLFS 300GB 10000 RPM 16MB Cache drives for sale with the MaxUpgrade mount for a Mac Pro optical bay. Basically you can get 6 drives in a Mac pro using the lower Optical bay on it. These drives are extremely fast and I use one as a boot Drive and the other as a scratch drive and backup but you can configure this any way you want. Also there are two Sata cables that you install on the motherboard . This is a pretty simple trick on the MacPro. here are some links to look and read about this stuff
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16822136322
http://www.maxupgrades.com/istore/index.cfm?fuseaction=product.display&product_id=158

These are relatively new and I will format them for the Mac so you are ready to go. I will include the Sata cables as well. Trust me this will give you a lot of horsepower running these drives and they are very quiet and run very cool. With these you can run the 4 extra drives in the sliders for backup , storage or whatever your needs maybe.

I need to get 400 dollars for the whole setup. I need a Drobo right away to sell my desktop. I can get these out in the next day or two, need to reformat them and pack them up.

Jeremy

Re: FS: Western Digital VelociRaptor WD3000HLFS 300GB 10000 RPM 16MB Cache

$400 shipped to Texas including PayPal fees?

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
Re: FS: Western Digital VelociRaptor WD3000HLFS 300GB 10000 RPM 16MB Cache

Sounds great . I will send paypal info