The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

SOLD: MacPro rocket ship

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
I will give my forum members first crack at this but do to loss of business i need to get rid of this system and get down to a laptop. I am going to list this on e-bay in a couple days but wanted to see if a member really wanted a amazing machine that took a lot of care to build up into this power house. It still has Applecare until Sept 09 and honestly this keeps up with the fastest systems out there. I will get everything on the drives back to being erased and formatted . This may take a day or two after purchase to get everything backed up, setup and boxed up. There is a load of money in this system and frankly this is a screaming deal. For everything I am asking 2195 shipped and paypaled. If not taken in a few days I will list it on e-bay

Mac Pro Tower purchased September of 2006 with Apple Care still in Place until September 2009

2.66 Dual –Core 2X Intel Xeon 4 cores 667mhz

12gb of Mac Ram (4 )2gb chips and (4) 1gb chips

1st Optical Bay Sony CD drive DVD/CD Drive
2nd Optical bay a Sony CD drive DVD/CD Drive

1st Sled Hard Drives Western Digital 300gb VelociRaptor 10,000 Rpm 16mb Cach Sata II with Max Upgrade backplane bracket to fit in Mac Pro hard drive slots.here is a link to show the Maxupgrade sled http://www.barefeats.com/hard106.html

2nd sled Second hard Drive Seagate Baracuda 7200.11 500gb ST3500320as drive with 32gb cache

Bluetooth/Airport Card

2 Graphics Cards

New ATI Radeon HD 3870/ 512 Vram will support 2 30 inch display

NVIDIA GeForce 7300 GT will support 2 30 inch display

PCI Firewire 800 card

All Mac Pro software which is Tiger. Will need leopard for fresh install but I think I may have this to load

All in great condition. This is a power machine for high end photography needs and graphic design. This is a very powerful system