The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

FT: Leica 90mm M APO for Leica 28mm M Summicron

John Black

I bought the Leica 90mm APO about a month ago from a fellow GetDPI member. The 90mm APO looks beautiful and is sharp as they come at F2. Focus is spot-on with M8 (a new replacement from Leica). The 90mm APO is 6-bit coded, comes boxed with all the paperwork, etc.

I also just bought Gary's 75mm Summilux which he listed here earlier this week. I didn't know if I wanted a 50mm Summilux ASPH paired with the 90mm APO or 75mm 'Lux, so I bought both. The 90mm APO is clearly the winner in terms of wide-open performance, but I like the how 75mm draws. The 50mm ASPH and 90mm APO draw in similar ways, so the 75mm is adding a different look or character - and that's what I was gunning for.

Now I would like trade the 90mm APO (plus some cash on my part) for a Like New, 6-bit coded, boxed 28mm Summicron. I do NOT want to sell the 90mm APO. If I can't work out a trade, I'll keep the 90mm APO. I'm going to send in the 75 'Lux to get 6-bit coded, so while it's gone, I can put the 90mm to good use :)

I'll post pix of the 90mm later today.