The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

FS: Hexanon UC 28/1.8 AR for 4/3-mount

Jonas

Here is a Konica Hexanon UC 28/1.8 Ar for sale.

Ready for use together with your 4/3 camera, or as in my case, with a G1 if mounted to a 4/3-->µ4/3 adapter between the lens and the camera.

About the lens:
Being a UC lens it is very rare. The UC designation was used by Konica for lenses that were/had UltraCompact, UltraCoating and managed UltraClose focusing. You can read more about Hexanon lenses at buhla.de (direct link to this lens: http://www.buhla.de/Foto/Konica/Objektive/e28_18.html).

I have "converted" the lens for use with 4/3 cameras by sanding down a so called kernow brass spacer and then machined the spacer to make it fit the lens. The work is done with ordinary kitchen table precision. In this case it means everything works as expected: the spacer thickness is exactly the right one to make the lens fit firmly but without causing any troubles mounting or unmounting the lens. The spacer prohibits use of smaller aperture openings than f/11 (no stupid locking action at f/16). The lens snaps and locks nicely to the camera (or the adapter) when mounted. The drilled holes for the countersunk screws holding the spacer don't look very nice but that's me in the morning in the kitchen. See images.

I have not dremeled away anything from the lens flange and as the removed parts are included with the lens you can "re-convert" it in minutes to fit a Konica camera. The removed parts are included here. All you need to "re-convert" the lens is two screwdrivers.

The lens is good and looks good, see images.
Images are placed here.

The aperture rings goes between f/1.8 and f/11 with firm clickstops.
The focusing ring goes smoothly from one end to the other. Ultra-close focusing means you can focus down to about 5cm from the front element.

The lens elements are clean and free from scratches and cleaning marks.
There is no fungus, haze, separation.
The aperture blades are happy snappy, closes down in a circular shape (not rectangular) and are free from oil.
A couple of minor dents on the barrel, see images.
There is a on the filter ring, visible in the images at the word "Made". It is there but it isn't anything major. One can mount and unmount filters or screw in hoods.

All in all it is a very good sample. As it is very rare you'll not find a lot of ended auctions at eBay. KevinCamera sells the lens in good or excellent condition for about USD800 plus USD40 for the hood.

The original hood is included here.

My price is EUR 390 and the price includes the lens, parts for "re-conversion" and original hood. Two rear lens caps (One 4/3 and one Konica) and front lens cap are included.
Insured shipping inside EU is EUR20.
SWIFT/IBAN payer pays no shipping.
PayPal buyer needs a confirmed address.

The price is firm. If not sold here the lens will be listed at eBay and find its value.

Questions? Ask them before buying. I believe in good communication. It has worked fine in the past and I intend to keep my reputation as a good and honest seller also in the future.

Communication via PMs and/or by commenting in this thread, thank you.

(The lens is announced as For Sale also at another forum.)

EDIT: Important notice for those not familiar with the conversion method: As I chosed not to dremel away anything from the lens mount the lens will sit turned some degrees to the left (seen from the back of the camera). The last image at the (gallerie in the link above) shows this.

--
Jonas

Last edited: