The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

The GetDPI Giveaway

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
:thumbs:Yes folks this is my Saturday morning latest 3 espresso brainstorm. Can't sell it or just want to be a nice person. I know times are tough but you know some folks could save a few pennies here and there if they could just find something they need that would only cost the the shipping fees would that not be great. Clean out your desk, clean out your closet , clean out your wife's purse ( take to long) clean out that junk drawer or the filter drawer.

Yes folks it is the GetDPI give away. Give something back , give to the community, give to your heart, give to someone in need, give to someone that wants to try something out, give to the artistic person, give to your friend, give to your fellow member , give to someone you don't like maybe that will change, give to all the people with names that start with T, give to last names that start with D, give to anyone, give to someone but just give your crap away.

Have fun and post your giveaway.:talk028::clap::thumbs::):salute:

kweide

Okay i gave away my creditcard to my wife....
and my Ipod to my son.

Something is wrong now :ROTFL:
but i feel goooood

To be honest: I gave away TIME. One complete day just for my little familiy and made them happy.
Thanx Guy for the idea.

C

carbonmetrictree

Great idea, Guy. I'll take a look through my stuff for this.

Lars

Okidok... from the bag of weird stuff comes a "Lindahl Ultra EFX Shade", in original box. Pickup only, in Stockholm Sweden. Also included is a 49mm adapter and a soft filter.

bensonga

Great idea Guy.....I hope all of us will take the time to sort thru the excess gear box.

Too much camera gear cluttering up my house, for sure. The wife said if I didn't start getting rid of the stuff I didn't use anymore, she was going to throw it out into the front yard on garbage day. She looked serious.

So last week I gave my Canon EOS Elan 7E and 20D (both with vertical grips), 24-85 and 28-105 EOS lenses, a Canon backpack camera bag and Bogen tripod to my housekeeper. A month ago she mentioned that her high school aged daughter was taking a photography class. I asked what kind of camera she was using..... a digital point and shoot. The mother had taken a photography class in college while living in Mexico, so she knew something about f-stops etc.

I figured...what do I need a Elan 7 for now when I have Marc's EOS 1V or a 20D when I've got the 5D? Better to give a kid (and her mom) the opportunity to use a real camera (film or digital).

Best of all, I've taken a little of the pressure off from "she who must be obeyed".....I might be able to keep my wife from throwing the Hasselblad 503CWD out into the front yard now. :)

Gary
Alaska

Bob

Administrator
Staff member
GONE:
anybody need a nikon remote release MC-30
free
shipped anywhere.
-bob

Last edited:

lisantica

Anyone in need of a D-Link 2.4GHz Wireless Broadband Router?

Comes with AC adapter and unit. Sorry no software. I am the original owner and it still works.

FREE shipped anywhere in US.
Lisa

B

Bill Wilby

I also think this a great idea Guy, maybe we could include a wish list of old and unusually stuff, I know I have stuff that I can't sell but would give away to someone who could use it. Bill

stephengilbert

Okay, here's something else. You know those O-rings at the bottom of a Gitzo center column that protect the legs from contact with the metal bottom of the column? The ones that oxidize and fall apart?

Send me your address and I'll mail you a cool red silicone replacement that will last for years. First ten requests; free postage.

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
Not limited to US. For International from US I suggest US mail it's a lot cheaper than UPS which I may start to ban them myself 2 dollars per 100 dollars for Insurance. That's a rip off used to be a dollar per hundred

jdbfreeheel

I have a bunch (4, 5, or 6, I can't remember) generic batteries for the Mamiya ZD back. Shipped free. Let me know.

-Josh

lance_schad

Workshop Member
Hey Guys will dig through my spare parts bins at my house and see what I can offer up for the forum members. In the meantime I just posted a pre-owned like new P45+ up on the FS board and it is almost like it is being given away!
Lance

bensonga

Anyone in need of a D-Link 2.4GHz Wireless Broadband Router?

Comes with AC adapter and unit. Sorry no software. I am the original owner and it still works.

FREE shipped anywhere in US.
Lisa
And if you need two of these......I've got one I'd like to get rid of also. I do have the software here somewhere.

Gary
Alaska

Lars

Not limited to US. For International from US I suggest US mail it's a lot cheaper than UPS which I may start to ban them myself 2 dollars per 100 dollars for Insurance. That's a rip off used to be a dollar per hundred
UPS also rips off on the receiving end. If you send me something I have to pay UPS 30 euros or so for "processing". This is on top of customs and sales tax. Even if I don't accept the package UPS will forward their claim to a collection agency.

O

Oxide Blu

... Give something back , give to the community, give to your heart, give to someone in need, give to someone that wants to try something out, give to the artistic person, give to your friend, give to your fellow member , give to someone you don't like maybe that will change, give to all the people with names that start with T, give to last names that start with D, give to anyone, give to someone but just give your crap away.

I'm not seeing anything going on here that can't be fixed with the proper medications.
:ROTFL: :ROTFL: :ROTFL: