The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

ALL SOLD: Medium Format For Sale:

Don Libby

Now that I have your attention here's the deal; I'm switching to 100% use of my Cambo RS1000.

For sale is my very little used Phase One AFDIII which if memory serves I got late August 2008 less than 60 days before I switched to the Cambo RS1000. Had I known I was going with the Cambo I would be selling my Mamiya AFD II instead - oh well. This sale is for the body only as I sold the lens a couple months ago. To compensate for the lack of the kit lens I'm including the Kirk L-Bracket, Mamiya angle finder, shutter release, Kirk spacer block and spare AA batteries (a second battery holder is also included). The firm price on this is $3,000 plus shipping and insurance. SALE PENDING MAYBE

I'm selling all my Mamiya lens as well so here they are:

Mamiya 28mm f/4.5D - (yes I had this up once before). First $3,000 takes this beauty home. The price again is firm and does not include shipping or insurance. SALE PENDING

Mamiya 75-150 f/4.5D - A very good lens. Price is a firm $1,800 plus shipping and insurance. SOLD

Mamiya 300mm f/4.5 - Very nice lens to reach out and with. Price is a firm $1,800 plus shipping and insurance.

Price Note: While I've said the price is firm for the individual item I think we might be able to do something if you were to buy multiple items and hell yes if you want the entire kit.

Why am I doing this? Simple - I shoot landscape. I switched to the Cambo RS1000 October 2008 and since then I've been to the following places, North Rim, South Rim, California Redwoods, Carmel/San Francisco, Monument Valley, and Canyon de Chelly and have used the Phase One body a total of once. I'll be using the proceeds of this sale to help the economy and pick up at least one and in all likelihood two additional lens to go along with my 35 and 72mm lens.

I'll be posting images of everything shortly so stay tuned.

A final word on the equipment: Everything is in like new condition, no scratches marks, fogging etc. The only warranty I know of is the body as that's less than a year old.

I will entertain offers however lets be reasonable as I really do believe these prices are very fair. I really don't want to go the e-bay route if I can help it however should I be forced there the prices will go up.

Thanks for looking

Don

Last edited:

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
Re: Medium Format For Sale:

Paypal sent for the 75-150!

(And forwarded a serious offer on the 28!)

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor

Just do it and get it over with. I know it bugs you to no end i have one and you don't.:D

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor

That damn 70-150 peaked my interest. Glad to see you get that. Now I'm jealous

Don Libby

Sale pending on the 28 - Guess who...

Sale pending (I think) on the Phase body

The 300 is still here looking for a good home!

Don

kdphotography

I thought you were going to put these up on Guy's GetDPI Giveaway thread....

:ROTFL:

Congratulations my brother from another mother.... :thumbup:

BlasR

I will get anything from Don, if I need it.

I got a back pack from him in the pass and he is a great saler.

So get it all,.

The only problem I have with Don, is, if I know he was so tall, I will ask, to just stand he's arm, in give the back by hands, then I save in shipping.

Don, are you 8'? Wow I do not want to be next to you, I will be tired of looking up

BlasR

Don Libby

Hi BlasR!

I've completely forgotten about the bag - very glad its worked out for you. No I'm not 8' I'm only 6'-9":D

Update on sale:

The body is sold pending funds clearing the bank.:clap:

75-150 and the 28 are both sold - Guess who? Actually Jack had requested to test the 28 and I sure that it's sold.:clap:

This leaves the 300 which as we speak is being rolled into a good deal for me so I'm marking that sold as well.:clap:

All this leaves the Cokin filter I put up awhile ago and which I'll bump in another post.

Oh and Guy - Lunch is on me when we finally do get togetther so how that for a give away:thumbs:

The speed of this sale has reinforced the notion that I made a wise decision going 100% Cambo:thumbs::thumbs:

Don

Dale Allyn

Yes, that was fast. I'm glad that I missed that 75-150mm (checked-in too late this a.m.). I want one, I need one, but... I'm trying to hold off a bit.

Congrats on the gear moving to new hands.

kdphotography

Your gear sold so quickly-----it might as well have been in the GetDPI Giveaway thread! Well-taken care of gear and nice to know it stays in the family (so to speak).