The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

For Sale: Mamiya 28mm (again)

Don Libby

Just finished speaking to Jack regarding his use/need to shoot wide with the 28mm - Jack please feel free to jump in here at anytime.

Short story is the lens is still for sale.

First $3000 gets this beauty as I really no long have any need since the body and other lens have been sold leaving me with just the 28.

I believe the price is very fair so it is equally firm just add shipping.

Thanks again

Don

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
Jack please feel free to jump in here at anytime.
Well it looks like my input may be late, but I'll still add it FWIW anyway :). I shot several frames with Don's lens and found it to be equal in quality to Guy's, which to date is one of the better 28's I have seen. While the very corners appear to be soft-ish on all of them, a little bit of crop eliminates that -- and if I owned a crop back like the P30+, this lens would be in my bag right now. My reasons for ultimately passing on it are simple: I rarely shoot super wide, finding myself mostly in the 50 through 150 ranges on my P45+, and having that much coin tied up in a 28mm lens I would rarely shoot did not make a lot of sense; additionally, I already own a very (very, very) good copy of the 35 that adequately covers my needs for the times I need wider than 50.

PS: Whoever (whomever?) got Don's 28, CONGRATS!

Don Libby

I'm marking this as a sale pending receipt of funds. I hope to be able to mark this sold either late Monday - Tuesday at the latest.

I want to thank everyone who has responded with questions as to the availability of the lens. I have a list by date/time should something unforeseen happen and contact you accordingly however I think we have a very solid sale.

I posted the sale on both Getdpi as well as LL so don't be surprised seeing duplicate posts.

Thanks to all

Don

Jack - Thanks for the feedback:toocool: