The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

SOLD: My 35mm Summilux ASPH for your 5D Mark II or ZF35+100

If you're ready to leave the fake-plastic-intangible-fleeting-obsolescence-oriented-imitation-photography world of digital behind and man up for a REAL piece of photography equipment...

...I offer what is arguably the best lens in all of photography. I have a fine example of Leica's ridiculously good 35mm Summilux ASPH that I would like to trade to someone for a Canon 5D Mark II body.

(goofy hyperbole mode mostly off now)

My lens is in excellent condition with minor signs of use. It's black and a bit of the anodization is worn off where the original rectangular hood attached. It now features a round metal hood (much better looking, with better flare protection and less viewfinder intrusion to boot) as well as a B+W pro MRC filter protecting the pristine glass.

It's not coded, but did focus perfectly on the M8 I used it on. YMMV of course, but I had great luck.

I value the lens at about $2200, and would throw some cash your way. Or I'd sell outright. Or I'd consider trading on the off chance you have both a Zeiss ZF 35mm/2 and a 100/2... preferably with Canon adapters. Bit of a reach, that, huh?

Talk to me.