The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

FS: FD50/1.4 and FD24/2.0 for the G1

Jonas

Here is a reversed auction type of sell...

I have two Canon FD lenses here, they are fast for the their focal lengths, in good condition and sold together with one FD -> µ4/3 adapter each so they are ready for mounting to a µ4/3 camera (like the G1) when they arrive to their respective buyer

A reversed auction? Yes, I have put the starting prices up here. Then I'll lower the prices daily, or nearly daily, until sold or withdrawn. I think they will be sold though...

Canon FD 24/2.0
This is a manual focusing lens. Together with the enclosed RJ adapter (sold by the eBay member jinfinance) it is ready for use with your G1.

The outside is OK, not new but overall nice. The glass is very good. The front and rear elements are free from scratches and inside the lens there is no haze, fungus, separation or other problems. The aperture blades close down nicely and are free from oil.

The aperture ring and the focusing ring works as expected and show no oddities.

Check all the images here: http://imageevent.com/jonas_b/vtemp2xfdfortheg1

You can see that the paint inside the front element has crackled (is there a better word for this?) and now looks
like the random white dots found on the shutter curtains on the OM cameras in the 70's and 80's. At first i thought this could be bad. Experience does however showed this to has no impact on the lens performance.

The FD24/2 is known to be an excellent wide angle lens over the years. Not only excellent, but very very good. It is still a very good performer. It has served me very well on the G1. It is easy to focus, the images are very sharp and look fine over the frame. Bokeh is good (surprisingly) and there is nothing bad to say about the FD24/2.

When learning a new lens I usually put it in front of a test target and run th eimages through IMA-test. This lens showed to be a good performer. There is a little of classic glow wide open which disappears from f/2.8 and on, resolution and contrast (MTF 50) are excellent.

The starting price for the FD24/2 and the RJ adapter together is

EUR 320 (plus shipping)
=========================

Canon FD 50/1.4

This is a manual focusing lens. Together with the enclosed RayQual adapter (sold by Japan Exposure and CameraQuest) it is ready for use with your G1.

The outside is OK, not new but overall nice. The glass is very good. The front and rear elements are free from scratches and inside the lens there is no haze, fungus, separation or other problems. The aperture blades closes down nicely and are free from oil.

The aperture ring and the focusing ring works as expected and show no oddities.

Check all the images here: http://imageevent.com/jonas_b/vtemp2xfdfortheg1

The FD50/1.4 shouldn't need any introduction. It has been known to be an excellent normal lens over the years. It doesn't do less good when mounted to the G1. It is now not longer a normal but instead a short, very fast, tele lens.

When learning a new lens I usually put it in front of a test target and run the images through IMA-test. This lens showed to be a good performer. There is a little of classic glow wide open (no such fast lens comes free from aberrations) which disappears from f/2.0 and on, resolution and contrast (MTF 50) are excellent.

The starting price for the FD50/1.4 and the RayQual adapter together is

EUR 160 (plus shipping)

Some common information

Images
More images of the lenses are here:
http://ImageEvent.com/jonas_b/vtemp2xfdfortheg1

Payment
Payment either by bank transfer (BIC/IBAN) or PayaPal (verified address only thank you).

Shipping
Shipping is EUR 22 (insurance included).
For BIC/IBAN payer shipping is EUR 11.

Warranty, return policy
This is a private sell and there is no warranty.
If you find I have described the lens incorrectly and feel cheated you can return the lens and get your money back (minus shipping). That is for buyer living and posting from within the EU.
Any non-EU buyer is out of luck here. I can't afford to pay taxes just to get the lens back.

Taxes and customs fees
Taxes and custom fees, if applicable, is the buyer's responisbility.
Sweden is a small gloomy and dark country in the north of Europe, but a part of the EU. So, for a buyer living in another EU country there are no customs or taxes to pay. For any other country I have no idea.

References
I have sold several cameras and lenses to members at Pentaxforums, at fourthirdsforum and at the eBay. This far everything has been fine, smooth deals ending with positive feedback. Would you like personal references just ask me about it.

Communication
I'm sure I have missed or forgotten something. Let's talk, either by posting in this thread or using PMs. (no mails)

Misc.
The lenses are up for sale also at another forum.

--
Jonas

Jonas

Here are my IMA-test results showing LW/PH at MTF 50 at a position corresponding to the eyes (or maybe the nose, lol) for a normal portrait.

Canon FD(n) 24/2.0 on G1

2 - 1170
2.8 - 1930
4 - 2060
5.6 - 2040
8 - 2000
11 - 1900
16 - 1390
22 - 1040

Canon FD(n) 50/1.4 on G1

1.4 - 1220
2 - 2120
2.8 - 2150
4 - 2220
5.6 - 2150
8 - 2030
11 - 1870
16 - 1150
22 - 880

which can be compared to the unquestionably sharp 14-42mm kit lens:

Panasonic kit G14-42 @ 35mm

5.6 - 1920
8 - 1940
11 - 1880
16 - 1370
22 - 1070

All the values above can not be compared with other systems or measures. For example, I always get values 10-20% lower than Klaus at Photozone get. The numbers should however give you an idea about these lenses. They are not bad at all, nor are they are sub par samples.

Todays price, FD(n) 24/2.0

EUR 305 (plus shipping)
Todays price, FD(n) 50/1.4

EUR 150 (plus shipping)

--
Jonas

Jonas

EUR 305 (plus shipping)(no reduction today)

EUR 140 (plus shipping)

--
Jonas

Jonas

EUR 290 (plus shipping)

EUR 130 (plus shipping)

--
Jonas

Jonas

EUR 275 (plus shipping)

EUR 120 (plus shipping)

--
Jonas

Jonas

EUR 275 (plus shipping)

EUR 120 (plus shipping)

--
Jonas

Jonas

EUR 250 (plus shipping)

EUR 99 (plus shipping)

--
Jonas

Jonas

EUR 235 (plus shipping)

EUR 95 (last call, plus shipping)

--
Jonas[/QUOTE]

drazin

is that fungus inside the lens in the second picture? ive never seen a picture of fungus before so im not sure.

Jonas

is that fungus inside the lens in the second picture? ive never seen a picture of fungus before so im not sure.
Hi,

No, it is not fungus. (Fungus doesn't look like that.)
The "problem" is described is mentioned in the text under the image.

regards, /Jonas

Jonas

Today's price, FD(n) 24/2.0

EUR 220 (last call, plus shipping)
Today's price, FD(n) 50/1.4

EUR 95 (no change, plus shipping)

--
Jonas