The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

FS: Leica 28 Summicron, MINT, box, case, etc

stevem8

I am selling this MINT, like new 28 Summicron. It comes with original box, paperwork, leather case, hood, caps, etc. Just like a new one. These sell new at B&H for $3995 but will sell this one for $2500 shipped (USA only)

Paypal, Check, MO. Paypal charges me 3% as you know so if you want to do paypal I will split it with you at 1.5%.

This is probably one of the best lenses I have used, but I am soooo close to buying a 24 lux so this and one other lens has to go. I just wanted something a little wider and a little faster.

stevem8

Hey Lloyd...the 24 Lux is a dream lens and in reality I may end up with a 24 Elmarit as to fund a 24 lux I would have to sell my 28 and 50. I did just get a 35 lux but not sure i want to dump my 50 Lux.

Either way, this cron has to go as the 35 is too close to the 28.

Wow! This is a heck of a deal for one of the best lenses out there for the M8. I'd buy it if I didn't already own one.

This shouldn't last long.

stevem8

$2400 shipped and I may change my mind if this doesn't sell in the next day or two as I can not go lower. Final chance!

JPlomley

I just bought this lens about two months ago after having owned an M8 for over a year. I should have just bought it at the outset. Because I shoot an M7 as well, my 35mm on the M7 and the 28mm on the M8 is just a perfect combo. I can pick up either camera and have the same FOV. Having said that, the 28 draws beautifully on B&W film, spectacular actually. FWIW, given the unique signature of this lens, you may regret selling it, especially if you want to use it on film. Just some random thoughts.

cam

Steve -- if you're leaving your Lux at perfect focus wide open, that may be another reason not to sell this....

stevem8

I was only selling this to fund a 24 Lux or 24 Elmarit. The 35..I may just keep it how it is because I LOVE IT wide open. I was hoping to have either a 24 lux or elmarit to go with the 35 as 28 is so close. Buts they are two totally different looks and I could find uses for each. David at Dale Photo has offered to take the 28 back in trade at what I paid for it so I may take him up on that offer if I go for the Lux. What a dilema!

I can either have this

24 Lux
50 Lux
75 Summarit

or

28 Cron
35 Lux
50 Lux
75 Summarit

or

24 Elmarit
35 Lux
50 Lux
75 Summarit

I have some concerts lined up in June so I was hoping to grab the 24 Lux but if so that means the 28 and 35 have to go, two lens that are really spectacular. I just can not afford to have all of them.

JPlomley

I'd go

21 Lux
28 Cron
50 Lux
75 Summarit

Since the 35/1.4 is only good at one aperture, it's the dud out of the bunch.

cam

25 Zeiss or 28 Cron (if you can afford it after my revision :p )
(wait for the new Luxes to go down in price a bit)

35 Lux
50 Lux
75 Lux

ooh, guess i kind of changed that last one, didn't i?

dseelig

Me I have the 24 35 50 and 75 luxes. the 50 till there is a full frame is last on my list of go to lenses. I would go cheap on a 75 and 50 and get the 24 and 35 luxes first. Also most reviews I have read think the 90 tele elmarit is a much better lens then the 75 or 90 summarits, it is also easy to find in the 600 dollar range. At 50 till there is a full frame go cheap wheater a nokton or a zeiss . 50 on the m8 is just a bit off for me. David

stevem8

I am withdrawing this for now. Decided to hang on to it as I cant afford the Lux right now anyway, and the 24 Elmarit I am not sure of as I love FAST glass.

I will now have the 28, 35, 50 and 75 - if i sell anything it will be the 75 if and when I find a decent 75 Lux!

Lloyd

Good idea, Steve. Now go take some more amazing pix with that 28, and post 'em so we can see 'em!!