The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Beware of possible scam in this forum

Status
Not open for further replies.

cdnguyen

I just got email from a possible scammer - The guy wants to pay me via Paypal from outside the US but ship to US address. Paypal will hold you responsible on the lost item since you didn't ship to the buyer Paypal address.
I got screwed once on this so that's how I know.
I just want to share this with everyone.

Sorry moderator - not sure if it should be here . At least buyers and sellers can read it.
:salute:

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
The admins are looking into this BUT rule number 1 never accept a unverified address from any buyer unless you know them personally on a paypal transaction and be asked to ship elsewhere especially a different country. I think we all know this one but never hurts to throw it out again. Be smart , be safe and don't lose your money.
Since no further comment needed at this point I will lock the thread on that note

Just a follow up on this, seems to be some misunderstanding to a certain degree and the buyer does seem legit. The buyer did offer to pay for item through a US paypal account from a family member and ship it US as well. I think just some misunderstanding and at this point nothing to concern ourselves with but totally understand both buyer and sellers concerns.

Always err to the safe side

Status
Not open for further replies.